Help me find a place to go?

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Help me find a place to go?

Postby MacLister » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:07 pm

Hi guys,

Can I give a scenario, and hope that someone can say, 'Wait, I know a site you will love!'.

We have a camper trailer, a 11 month old, a 3 year old and a 5 year old... and I am the husband to my wife. The kids like to swim, but .. can't swim. They like the water. We would LOVE to find a place with a pool... We 19kms north of Brisbane, and wouldn't mind travelling for up to 2 hours in any direction (Except east, as that would put is somewhere in the sea on the other side of Moreton Island.. :) ).

We went to go on a Friday morning, coming back on a Sunday mid afternoon.

We would prefer to have showers.. The pool would be something we'd like, but the sea (white sands would be a must though...).. We have a dog, but not the end of the world if we can't take him..

And that's it!

Any ideas?
MacLister
Captain Camping

Re: Help me find a place to go?

Postby stevo. » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:38 pm

Does it have to be a pool? Can it be a creek or dam? There's a few places that have creeks, or you could try one of the dams, Lake Somerset? I'm heading there again this weekend for some fishing. I think they have a shower block there but i'm single so i don't need a shower so i wouldn't know :cheers

or out at Kenilworth, like Charlie Morland, or the Kenilworth Homestead thing, they have some nice flowing creeks there and plenty of room for camper trailers. Peach Trees is another place, but i'm not sure if that creek is suitable for small kids, it's evil looking.
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:55 pm

Hi Mac,,,19km Nth must just about make us neighbors (Strathpine)...

Have you been to ''Cotton tree''...Maroochydore....Beautifully clean camp,,,,well placed with shops /restaurants etc across the road....clean beach....little tidal creek in the front of the camp and next door is a swimming complex....fish for tea is always on the menu when staying here......PLENTY of activities for you and the family.....Maroochydore shopping centre is not to far away as well....

Now the only downer....sorry NO pets

All-in-All.......I would rate this camp 8 out of 10 :+ (and thats only because we can't take our Bailie there. :(

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby dicko77 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:59 pm

Have a look at my post on hastings point I have a 3 year old and a 6 month old and we all had a top time there.It is in nsw but it only took us one and a half hours to get there from home in ipswich.It has a lot to offer so check it out.
Cheers :beer
dicko77
Camping Veteran

Postby MacLister » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:52 pm

Thanks guys!

Sent email enqiries to Cotton Tree, Hastings Point and Coolumn Beach... will see what's available.

Rosco1, we're nearly neighbours. I'm just in a more posh suburb - Bracken Ridge! :$

:***

:cheers
MacLister
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:23 pm

Peach Trees and Somerset are NOT pet friendly.

Mac.....one place I would suggest is Borumba Deer Park...pet friendly and family friendly too. http://www.borumbadeerpark.com/

I'd also suggest Kenilworth Homestead as has been mentioned, it is very family/pet friendly as well.
http://www.kenilworthhomestead.com.au

Both are north and reasonably close to you.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Gypsy...good choices BUT....I read
(white sands would be a must though...)..

Hence my reason I suggested Cotton tree........''Pet Friendly' was the stumbling point for me.

Homestead I also thought of but Safety for the kids with all the canoes coming & going could be dangerous...
We also enjoy this place,,,,and yes,,,you can take your Pet.

:cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:40 pm

I read the white sands as being a MUST if it is a beach location Rosco. You don't often get 'white sands' in the pool.

Correct me if I am wrong please Mac....

I have friends with a very young family who love Kenilworth which is why I mentioned it. Borumba Deer Park would probably be my choice overall for the kids.

There is also Island Reach but I am not sure how good it is for young children. http://www.ircamping.com.au/
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby stevo. » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:41 pm

holy moly , talk about nit pic :***
stevo.

Postby MacLister » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:44 pm

You guys are crazy! :)

OK, the white sand beaches isn't a must-must, but IF it's a beach, I'd prefer white sands... not the mud/brown sludge stuff... And nice waves would be nice. :) None of my kids know how to swim yet, which makes life a bit tricky... but a pool is another option which would be good - and then I can swim with them..
MacLister
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:05 pm

MacLister wrote:
OK, the white sand beaches isn't a must-must, but IF it's a beach, I'd prefer white sands...

.... but a pool is another option which would be good -

OK, now that we have that sorted....Mac.....none of the ones I suggested have either white sand or a pool....but do have a shallow creek suitable to swim in and are kid/pet friendly.

Tin Can Bay is the only other place I know of but cannot personally recommend any CP in particular and I am not sure they offer white sandy beaches either or a pool for that matter. However there are dolphins to be seen at Tin Can Bay which may be of interest to the littlies. http://www.barnaclesdolphins.com.au/

The two I know of are:
Ace Caravan Park
32 The Esplanade, Tin Can Bay
Phone: 07 5486 4152
and
Kingfisher Caravan Park
http://www.tincanbaytourism.org.au/kingfisher/

Of course you could always try Rainbow Beach.....it used to be pet friendly in off peak season but I don't know if that is still the case. http://www.beach-village.com.au/ It does have a pool and there is a white sandy beach nearby.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby stevo. » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:13 pm

MacLister wrote:You guys are crazy! :)

only one crazy person here mac, the rest of us are guilty by association :-bang
stevo.

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:07 pm

stevo. wrote:
MacLister wrote:You guys are crazy! :)

only one crazy person here mac, the rest of us are guilty by association :-bang

Oh come on now Stevo....we don' all think you are crazy.....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to General Chit-Chat