Making a Fly

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: Making a Fly

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:08 pm

Looking good Rosco.....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ian S » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:10 pm

I know that this might be a bit late as I haven't been on much. I have a Oztrail Cabin dome 10 that I don't use much anymore due to the CT. But in setting up I alway put the tarp up first then erected the tent under it. It made it alot easier to manage and no need to be dragging a heavy tarp over the tent.

My Ozrtrail is nylon and waterproofed to 3000cpu's, that is to say you can dump a volume of 3ltrs on it in one go before it starts to leak. There is off course the Oztrail RV's or Tourers and the Blackwolf's that are of ripstop canvas/nylon blend and come with a fly or as an optional extra. Very good quality, very weatherproof and extremely quick set up. Not cheap, but worth the money according to those I know that have them.
Your Tourers start from around $500 with the others from around the $1100...

Cheers Ian
Life can throw nothing at you that beer won't fix
Ian S
Captain Camping

Postby Woodsy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:32 pm

Hi Ian

Our tarp is to big, to put up first as our tent is really long we have no way of supporting it even with a pole from end to end the weight of the tarp would bend it.

We have decided to get something smaller and will sell the tent to help fund a new tent.
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat