Easter 2011

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Easter 2011

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:11 pm

So....Easter is almost upon us.....who is off camping and where as in general location??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Easter 2011

Postby COREY B » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi there,
We are off to Denman NSW for the 5 days in our new GIC camper, cant wait!!!
Enjoy it all
Cheers! :grin:
COREY B

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:50 pm

Great Corey....maybe you'd like to tell us all about it when you return....and some pics would also be nice.

Safe journey....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:29 pm

You guys enjoy your camps where ever you go.....AND,, '''''PICS''''''' APPLIES TO YOU AS WELL THIS TIME ''GYPSY'' (AND i DON'T MEAN OF FLOWERS !!!!!)
i have 3 weeks off a week later so....I'm not able to have both. :( :( :(

:beer :cheers :beer :cheers
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:01 pm

I am heading west so not sure if even I can find flowers out there....we will see though....you just never know!!

Pics are definitely on the agenda this time.....got to test out my new camera.

Rosco....I promise I will have a drinkie or two by the campfire just for you.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:46 am

Ok everyone......I am off camping....going to meet a friend and we are going to have a 'girly' weekend with our canine kids.

Have a GRAND Easter and SAFE travels....remember lots of pics too please.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Val n Rob » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:33 am

Happy Easter to all, hope you all have a great time whether going away or staying home. Drive safely and happy campfires !!
Val n Rob
Captain Camping

Postby Poodle Jewel » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:00 am

We had our weeks camping so back to work Saturday for me.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Val n Rob » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:59 am

Going over to our neighbours for dinner tonight, they are making the fishcakes and I am making the sticky date pud! Probably have a couple of drinkies there too ! Happy Easter
Val n Rob
Captain Camping

Postby stevo. » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:36 pm

having some friday beers now... nothing new :cheers
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:30 pm

Well I have to say....had a GREAT Easter camp. Original destination was not suitable so Plan B came into action.

Gotta love those Plan B's.....

Only just arrived home and have a bit to catch up on so will post more later and some pics too.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:19 pm

The original destination for our Easter camp was Yarramalong Weir which is out between Millmerran and Leyburn – south west from Brisbane. Yarramalong was a new destination for me….had never been there before.

I left home early Thursday morning and when I arrived I discovered the camping area was not as big as I originally thought AND due to recent rains was very wet and boggy. In fact I did not even feel comfortable with parking on the side of the road whilst I had a visit to the loo so actually parked on the road.

Plan B into action on to Leyburn if Yarramalong was unsuitable.

Leyburn is not too far away, probably only another 20 minutes or so and as I had been there before I knew there was a great grassed camping area (freebie) which used to be the old sports field. Leyburn is a sleepy little town and it major claims to fame are the Leyburn Sprints held every year http://www.leyburnmotorsprints.com.au/a ... story.html and Shane Webcke of Broncos fame who owns the local pub. http://www.gdaypubs.com.au/QLD/leyburn.html

It was about 10:30am when I arrived and set about setting up camp and getting the corned beef on in the Dream Pot ready for dinner. My girlfriend Cheryl joined me about 2:00ish and together we set up her camp….not before she tried to knock me out with a falling pole though.

By this time we were ready for our first bottle of ‘bubbles’. No campfire on Thursday night as Cheryl had not been to bed since the day before due to her work commitments and so we had a reasonably early night….about 9:30ish.

Friday dawned with what promised to be a fabulous day…..lovely quiet peaceful day with nothing to mar the day except the shrill of the Corellas. They were in abundance, 100s of them to keep us entertained both morning and late afternoon. Friday saw us take the ‘kids’ for a walk up town, a bit of a leisurely stroll to have a look around the town.

More ‘bubbles’ and a great campfire on Friday evening with much of the same for the next couple of days.

Leyburn is on C A N A L Creek (sorry censor) and was very popular with the locals fishing. What was really sad was when I went for a walk down by the creek and found many of the fish (Yellow Belly) just thrown up on the bank and left to die. No kiss and release being practised there. Any number of our group would happily have had a feed of them had we been given the opportunity.

Sunday arrived very quickly and Cheryl had to pack up ready for her return home not before I made a batch of my legendary scones which we had with jam and cream…sorry no pics of them, they disappeared too quickly.

Sunday also saw the arrival of more friends who had been traveling out to Roma, Blackall and Mitchell before coming to spend a few days with me at Leyburn.

I finally packed up camp on Wednesday morning and headed off to visit with a friend in Cambooya and then an overnight stay with another in Toowoomba before heading home on Thursday.

Think I speak for everyone in attendance when I say….what a great camp we had….fantastic weather, good food and drinks, fabulous campfire, wonderful wildlife, lovely sunsets and brilliant company to share it all.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:21 pm

Now there is no way I could let Rosco down......so here is the only FLOWER I could find.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Dave-Yakka » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:48 pm

Nice one GL. I have been looking at land out at Leyburn, 20acres. Now this has sparked my interest again.
I also believe C A N A L creek used to hold gold or something...... could be wrong ( or was it Thanes Creek).
Not very nice to hear that the fish were left to die those fisherman need a good :$

Dave
Dave-Yakka
Captain Camping

Postby stevo. » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:37 pm

Good report there GP! :armsup

Looks good in the pics. Pretty quiet compared to when the Leyburn Sprints are on! ::()
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat