Thanks for all the great tips

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Thanks for all the great tips

Postby Brad M » Wed May 04, 2011 8:49 pm

Hi, I just wanted to say thanks for all the great tips and advice on this forum. We had our first family camping trip a couple weeks ago and it was fantastic. We went to Neurum Creek with two other sets of friends and their families and dogs. We all had a great time. Our 19 month old son absolutely loved it. All our gear worked perfectly and much to my wife's suprise our morning toast and toasted sandwiches were spot on every time - thanks again for all the info on cookers, toasters, tents, lamps, kitchens etc.

The only downside was how jealous I got walking around the camp site seeing the amazing setups some of the veterans had. I watched one family setup their camp trailer. In the space of a cup of coffee, they nearly had their entir camp site up. It was great to see each of the family members jump in and get "their" jobs done. It looked like a well oiled machine. Hopefully that'll be us in a few years.

We can't wait to plan our next trip.

Thanks again
Brad
Brad M
Boy Scout

Re: Thanks for all the great tips

Postby GypsyLady » Wed May 04, 2011 10:13 pm

Brad....on behalf of the forum members I say 'thank you' for appreciating and taking on board our tips and tricks for a successful camping trip.

May you and you family have many, many more and pass on the good word for us to all your friends.

BTW....don't be too envious of the 'veterans'.....just enjoy the journey to that time....you'll get there one day.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Thanks for all the great tips

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu May 05, 2011 12:09 am

Yep keep camping and look ahead,I have been tent camping for 25 years and just now looking at vans,infact i test drove one today.It all takes time.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to General Chit-Chat