NISSAN IMPORTS

Let’s hear about all those weekend toys for the boys (and girls) boats, skis, camper trailers, motor homes, 4wheel drives OK even airplanes (again add the make and model to the title we will organise as it gets unmanageable).

NISSAN IMPORTS

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sun May 01, 2011 9:11 pm

Does anyone know anything about these Nissan imported vans.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: NISSAN IMPORTS

Postby GypsyLady » Mon May 02, 2011 12:26 pm

Not heard of them PJ....tell us more.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon May 02, 2011 1:15 pm

The local car yard has half a dozen of them and sang it`s praises of course, come into my office and we will do a deal now,I`m sure they think all women are stupid. I Googled them,lots of good reports ,lots of power, room,Tinted windows, velour seats,curtains,but they are low to the ground ( might not be good in some camping areas) and they seem to be fuel guzzlers,1/2 the price of a Tarago though.. 75 litre tank and gets around 500 ks The diesel ones are a bit more economical.
http://www.japandirect.com.au/zoom.php?id=121
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby stevo. » Mon May 02, 2011 2:38 pm

I wouldn't get a second hand import car, might be cheap to start off but there's the risk of high parts and service costs if something goes wrong. You'd want to find out what parts they use , do they share the same parts as other vehicles, so if the gearbox dies can you get another one or do you have to order it from Japan. Sometimes cars share parts so you can use a common gearbox from another Australian release etc, but you'd want to research them a fair bit. It's ok if nothing ever goes wrong. I'd say they wouldn't hold resale value either because of those issues.
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu May 05, 2011 12:13 am

Yep stevo gave the Elgrande` a miss looking at a noice Toyota.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu May 05, 2011 3:06 pm

Will you deck it out as a camper PJ or just fill it up with all your camping goodies??
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu May 05, 2011 3:58 pm

Will just pack things as i go camping,my brother is pretty handy he says he can whip up a bed base then i just get a mattress made to size and do a little kitchen thing but nothing too much as i will be driving it as my car so don`t want it weighed down all the time using more fuel.i will look at getting an awning fitted but with the good ole tarp i will have more shelter.I guess once i start using it i will see what i want and don`t want.
Hey Gypsy it has a DVD player in the back I`m sure the doggies will love that..
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu May 05, 2011 8:46 pm

Poodle Jewel wrote:Hey Gypsy it has a DVD player in the back I`m sure the doggies will love that..

You'll have to censor their movies PJ and make sure they don't run the battery flat....LOL
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Woodsy » Thu May 05, 2011 9:24 pm

You see these imports at the backpacker car yards, they cant get enough of them, but i can only imagine the price of getting parts imported and getting work done to them.
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Postby stevo. » Fri May 06, 2011 2:22 pm

PJ, is that an Import Toyota? If so you have the same issues as the Nissan import.

as woody said, it's probably ok for backpacker places to get these because they get a heap and as they die they use one for parts, so it's to their benefit that they use all the same vehicles.

PS. it's up to you though, it might last forever, who knows :cheers
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby cokebottle » Tue May 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Woodsy wrote:You see these imports at the backpacker car yards, they cant get enough of them, but i can only imagine the price of getting parts imported and getting work done to them.

I work for a new car dealership & yes parts can be expensive that's if you can get them at all, if you need a part that has to come from Japan you will need to pay up front or at least a hefty deposit plus extra freight in some cases... if I was to buy one of these imports I would only buy it from the yard if they had some sort of after sales support ie: they also import the parts & accessories, which is happening in some area's.

BUYER BEWARE!

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby Poodle Jewel » Tue May 17, 2011 12:38 am

Well after all of that I went with none of the above, I have bought a.. KIA Carnival..back seats fold flush with floor so put mattress on top without having to pull seats out..pick it up tomorrow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Tue May 17, 2011 10:47 am

WOW....PJ, all that room to fill up with camping gear. You won't know what to do with the extra space.....might have to go on another shopping spree at the local camp store. Congrats.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Fri May 20, 2011 10:53 am

Just measured the back of the van i can fit a whole king single bed in there..woo hoo.!!! No gypsy i have enough camping "stuff" but think i will look at getting an Awning on the roof racks for small trips.Only other thing i need is the Fridge..
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Tue May 31, 2011 12:06 pm

Hi PJ...Hows the wheels going ?????
I've just finished reading all the replies you got and thought....What a lot of ''hog-wash''.
Theres nothing wrong with Jap imports .......They originally had a problem with devious dealers winding back the clocks on them to a mileage in line with their condition...(I'm sure Jap kids have to wear gloves when travelling in vehicles...they are still in immaculate condition inside and out.....)
NZ along with England is flooded with them..great value.

Funny story here re Jap imports....John Hughs in Perth (who also owns 2 dealerships in the East)....was rubbishing them all the time.....it turned out that it was infact him that was importing them into Aussie and by all this noise he was making about them...was infact creating a market for them with all the attention they were getting (same guy was the dealer with the Hyundai franchise....who were 1st brought into this country by the Bond motor corperation (yep....Allan Bond himself...who was married to Big Red...John Hughs sister..what a tangled web was wove''.....)....How do I know all this...well.....I worked for him selling cars in Perth.

PJ....I Know its to late now....but....I would have bought one any-day.....and....Nissan ahead of Toyota.

From memory,,,,,and I stopped counting years ago....I would have owned over ''''80''''of them including 2 Mercedes & B M W's (we were allowed to buy the trade-ins )
:cheers :cheers :cheers
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Recreation Vehicles