Hello from a new camper

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hello from a new camper

Postby Kristy S » Thu May 05, 2011 11:19 pm

HI Everyone,
My name is Kristy and along to with my Hubby and 5 children (12, 11, 5, 4 & 2) have just started our camping adventure. We went to Apollo Bay for easter, we had a ball, but learnt a few lessons too, the main one being to make sure we ask what size the sites are!!!

I'd love to hear about anywhere you went that especially good for families, with lots to keep the younger and older kids busy. Dragging my 12 (almost 13) year old away from internet and phone access was only made easier by being so close to the surf :)

Looking forward to lots of tips :)
Kristy S

Re: Hello from a new camper

Postby GypsyLady » Thu May 05, 2011 11:33 pm

Hi Kristy and WELCOME to the forum

I suggest you have a look back through the forum for lots of good tips and trix , you will get many hours of very interesting reading here. There is from memory a thread or 2 about camping with kids as well......use the search feature in the top right hand corner to assist you.

Very glad to hear your first camp was a successful one.....if you have any pics we'd like to see them too please.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Alexandra L » Wed May 18, 2011 12:55 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm a new camper and am a bit lost with all the different forums but just wanted to jump in and say hi.
I had my first camping trip over the Easter weekend at Rover park. It was great fun, and I'm really looking forward to going back. Since I've gotten back I've decided to write an article for my university on camping and the great outdoors. If any of you would be willing to share tips or their stories including any mishaps that may have happened that would be great. I'd also love to know what appeals to you the most about camping and being outdoors? my email is alexandra.frances09@gmail.com or you can reply back to me on here hope to hear from all of you.
Thanks heaps.
Allie
Alexandra L

Postby GypsyLady » Wed May 18, 2011 12:58 pm

Hi Allie and WELCOME to the forum. I'd suggest that you have a look back through this forum and you will find heaps of interesting stories and adventures.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Introductions: