Scored a Tinnie!!

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: Scored a Tinnie!!

Postby stevo. » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:44 pm

get some NEW life jackets?! :***

What areas are you going in? You may not need a anchor. I don't use one. Depending on where you go it's a recommendation only, not a requirement. I try to reduce weight as much as possible with the small tinnies. If you want to stop somewhere just tie to a tree?
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Woodsy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:16 pm

Brisbane water, can get quite a current through there, alot of big bays though so we can drift abit. I can get a small sand anchor and life jackets for $13 each, The boat needs a name now! How about.... ' That Sinking Feeling ' ? lol
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Postby Rosco1 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Woodsy.......That sure does not sound like a good ''O'Men''........

Think I would be going for something that relates to a ''floating'' feeling.....may-be,like.. ''Can-a-Bass''....lol

Have a great Easter break....I'm off to work shortly

CHEERS

Rosco :bunny :bunny :bunny
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby cokebottle » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:00 pm

Woodsy wrote:The boat needs a name now! How about.... ' That Sinking Feeling ' ? lol

That should have been the name of my dad's 12ft wooden boat he had before he got his tinny... this story I am about to tell sounds like a scene out of a movie but honestly it did happen. back when I was aged about 13 dad & I took it up the Nepean River at penrith & just as we turned around to come back dad noticed water coming in through the floor, it was coming in from the centre of the boat above the keel.

He lent over the back of the boat while we were moving and removed the bung then accelerated as fast as he could! I sat there in shock watching the water come in through an ever widening crack in the floor & go rushing out the back through the bung hole!!!

Then when we got back near the boat ramp dad told me to take over driving the boat & to keep moving by circling while he was going to get the trailer, he dived overboard & ran to the car then backed the trailer into the river then called me in, we just managed to get the boat onto the trailer & it split open as we winched the boat on.

Guess what the name of the boat was?.... it had a metal plate on the front & the name was "Damm Pity"

Believe it or not but dad managed to fix the cracked floor & tar sealed it back together, but the next time he took it out the back of the boat split so dad gave up & bought a new tinny! which I have inherrited 18 months ago but still have not got around to picking it up from mum's :roll:

But last weekend mum came up & we were talking about it & she said she will get the trailer reregistered & hopefully I can get it back in the water by Spring!

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:53 pm

Woodsy wrote: life jackets for $13 each,

Life jackets for $13 each......that's a pretty cheap price to put on your safety!!
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Woodsy » Wed May 11, 2011 11:13 pm

Scored a Engine!!

1968 Johnson 6hp $FREE. Fixed the starter Mechanism, just need to replace the shifter and then hopefully i'm in business!! Dont know if i can start it in gear?

Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Postby stevo. » Fri May 13, 2011 7:40 am

Woodsy wrote: Dont know if i can start it in gear?

That's a good price. I don't see why you couldn't start it in gear, you can start cars in gear.
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Woodsy » Fri May 13, 2011 11:26 pm

I pulled the powerhead off the engine so i can get to the gear shifter, it is frozen in there bloody good, takes ALOT of force just to get it to turn! A new gasket and i'll make a new shifter for it as a new one is $100+ and hopefully i'm out on the water soon.

Cheers Josh
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Postby Rosco1 » Wed May 18, 2011 4:45 pm

Should have ya tinnie over here Woodsy......''Fish'' are leaping out of the sea''..... :beer :beer :beer
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Woodsy » Sat May 21, 2011 9:29 pm

looks like i have to fix some holes in the tinnie
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Mon May 23, 2011 5:25 pm

Woodsy wrote:looks like i have to fix some holes in the tinnie

What happened??
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Woodsy » Mon May 23, 2011 5:39 pm

it had some fibreglass repairs done on the bottom of it, looks like moving it around has broken the repair. its ok though i have some stuff here to repair it with, just need a gas torch.
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Mon May 23, 2011 6:17 pm

Wonder how good the repair was in the first instance!!
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Woodsy » Tue May 24, 2011 11:00 am

Exactly, running it up on the sand at the end of the day probably would of done the same thing, i was always going to put water in it before i took it out, there are only 2 holes which i can clearly see so it shouldnt be to hard to fix, other than that i need a gasket and need to fabricate a lever and i should be on the water wetting a line!
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat