Caravan and Camping Show 2011

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Caravan and Camping Show 2011

Postby sienna » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:09 am

It's that time of year again. The Brisbane Caravan and Camping Show at the showgrounds.
Who's going?
Anything we should be looking out for?
I'll be making my annual trip but not sure which day yet given that there's stuff on that weekend and I'm kinda restricted by school hours as well.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Re: Caravan and Camping Show 2011

Postby Rosco1 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:45 pm

Howdy Sienna,,,Double Great to see see you back....... :+

I will be going next Thursday....TO SEE EVERYTHING.....lol

Have you been away again ????....and...howz the new addition ??????.....and young Alex ??????

Cheers

Rosco
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby sienna » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:13 pm

I haven't been away.....I wish. Busy with kids etc and trying to manage sleep deprivation!
At least the last couple nights Ava has been sleeping through from around 8ish to 7ish in the morning - I use the term 'sleeping through' loosely though cos she does tend to stir a few times between 3.30 and 5.30am but never truly wakes up so I put the dummy in her mouth and she lasts til 7am when she properly wakes up. Hopefully this will ease as she starts to drink more for her last feed.

I'm not sure which day I'll be venturing to the show. I was thinking Thurs too but my mum probably won't be back early enough for that and she'll probably want to come being the caravanner she is. The weekend will be too busy and unfortunately I have an appt I can't move on the Tues. So it may be Friday. Just asking mum now.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Rosco1 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:23 am

Keep in touch on that one....I can go on the Friday as well as I'm on the late start shift that day & don't start till 23:45 (11:45pm)...bummer shift.
Cheers

Rosco
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby sienna » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:45 am

Hopefully going on Thurs. It's the only day we can fit it in given there is something on every day. Stupidily busy weekend.

Mum might be in the market to upgrade her campervan so that could be fun spending her money. We already know what she wants to get next.

http://www.franklinrv.com.au/pdf/sonic.pdf
She's after the 16ft offroad version. They are a very nice van. Really nice finishes. Aussie made. And the beds fold down via gas struts - very important for hands with the beginnings of arthritis.

I'd like to get another light, similar to one I have already. And I'd really like to get a kitchen or cupboard that's at least 90cm tall to use as more bench space. Most things are only 70cm tall and that's not high enough. It's uncomfortable to work on that low. Maybe someone has made something new in the last few months.
And then I always love looking at the camper trailers and getting ideas to add to mine.

Always a good day out I reckon.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:08 am

Would love to attend this year and catch up with you guys.....oops, that right, I am in SA traveling. Maybe next time.

Actually I got an offer to work at the show this year 'interviewing' people but had to turn it down.....pity....NOT.

Have a great day you guys.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby sienna » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:51 pm

Well we braved the freezing cold on Thurs to go to the Show.
We wandered around all the sites.
Especially enjoyed looking at the fifth wheelers. So much money! The King of the Road was exactly that at a little under $300000 to get you the premium fifth wheeler and the vehicle to pull it. A show secial package of the fifth wheeler and vehicle for $289 900 or thereabouts. ::() I was informed by some other show patrons that this one was the best cos it had hanging space in the wardrobe - a very important feaure apparently. I also noticed that short shag pile carpet seemed to be the fashion trend this year. Saw it in a number of the fifth wheelers.

We got sidetracked at the Coromal stand cos mum ended up buying a new van. They are one of only two companies that actually warrant their off road vans for going off road. Sounds a bit odd cos off road should mean it can go off road but apparently not. Some companies say their vans are off road but they are actually not covered under warranty if you take them off road. Seems a bit silly to call them off road if you ask me. Thankfully we knew this after our initial research 3yrs ago.

So mum went with Coromal cos they actually offered her a quote for a trade in whereas the other company we were looking at didn't want to. In the end, to cut a long story shorter, she ended up getting the 2010 model from the yard because it is identical to the one that we looked at in the showroom, however, cos it is 2010, she could get a better deal on it. Plus it has extras on it including air con (not that she really cared so much about that), external gas connection, and a few other bits and pieces. And still it was going to be cheaper for her. She gets to chose which colour the interior furnishings will be - dark green or maroon. They'll fix that for her on the day. They are also throwing in the external paint protection for free.

So all in all, I think mum will be quite happy with her new van. And we're looking at testing it out at Wivenhoe over the holidays before she heads back to WA. I reckon that air con will come in handy to heat the van overnight for my little ones.

http://www.coromal.com.au/index.php/pop ... /overview/
This is the van she got. The Transforma. 4.5m version.

So we had a great time at the show. Unfortunately cos we got sidetracked spending mum's money, I didn't end up getting my self inflating mattress or light. And that was after getting to the show around 2pm and leaving at 6pm. No harm cos she's offered to buy it for Alex's birthday. :armsup Sweet.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:54 pm

The term 'off road' would have to be the most abused phase in the industry........ what they really mean is 'dirt road'.......two very different things.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Titch2 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:23 pm

sienna wrote:Well we braved the freezing cold on Thurs to go to the Show.
We wandered around all the sites.
Especially enjoyed looking at the fifth wheelers. So much money! The King of the Road was exactly that at a little under $300000 to get you the premium fifth wheeler and the vehicle to pull it. A show secial package of the fifth wheeler and vehicle for $289 900 or thereabouts. ::() I was informed by some other show patrons that this one was the best cos it had hanging space in the wardrobe - a very important feaure apparently. I also noticed that short shag pile carpet seemed to be the fashion trend this year. Saw it in a number of the fifth wheelers.

We got sidetracked at the Coromal stand cos mum ended up buying a new van. They are one of only two companies that actually warrant their off road vans for going off road. Sounds a bit odd cos off road should mean it can go off road but apparently not. Some companies say their vans are off road but they are actually not covered under warranty if you take them off road. Seems a bit silly to call them off road if you ask me. Thankfully we knew this after our initial research 3yrs ago.

So mum went with Coromal cos they actually offered her a quote for a trade in whereas the other company we were looking at didn't want to. In the end, to cut a long story shorter, she ended up getting the 2010 model from the yard because it is identical to the one that we looked at in the showroom, however, cos it is 2010, she could get a better deal on it. Plus it has extras on it including air con (not that she really cared so much about that), external gas connection, and a few other bits and pieces. And still it was going to be cheaper for her. She gets to chose which colour the interior furnishings will be - dark green or maroon. They'll fix that for her on the day. They are also throwing in the external paint protection for free.

So all in all, I think mum will be quite happy with her new van. And we're looking at testing it out at Wivenhoe over the holidays before she heads back to WA. I reckon that air con will come in handy to heat the van overnight for my little ones.

http://www.coromal.com.au/index.php/pop ... /overview/
This is the van she got. The Transforma. 4.5m version.

So we had a great time at the show. Unfortunately cos we got sidetracked spending mum's money, I didn't end up getting my self inflating mattress or light. And that was after getting to the show around 2pm and leaving at 6pm. No harm cos she's offered to buy it for Alex's birthday. :armsup Sweet.

Two points if I may and congrats to your Mom on her new Unit.
One, You said Short shag is the go,
reason is it burns the knees.

Second,,,I reckon that air con will come in handy to heat the van overnight for my little ones.
Get your Mom to buy a little fan heater, they actually heat better and Quieter.
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to General Chit-Chat