Butinga Qld...south of Darlington Park

Butinga Qld...south of Darlington Park

Postby s4j » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:42 pm

this is a fairly new camp ground.......sooo much space it's just wonderful...You do need a 4x4 or something with a high clearance...there are 5 creek crossings through other farms to get to it.....but well worth the effort....only amenities atm are a couple of drops.....plans are in with council but are moving a bit slowly.....the creek isn't very deep but has a couple of deeper spots which will be perfect for summer....the kids just love the farm camping areas.....cows and white ducks on this trip.....loved it when they came past our camp to drink from the creek.....the grounds are in teirs.....with pleanty of room....only about 20 campers this weekend....but as I said..It is fairly new.....

[img][img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h144/scrappin4joy/ButingaJune2007.jpg[/img][/img]...took this from the teir above us....

[img][img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h144/scrappin4joy/Butingatree.jpg[/img][/img]...and of course another for my dead tree collection.... :grin:
s4j
Camping King

Postby freerocketman1 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:09 pm

s4j how do you get there? ive been to darlington so i know how to get there.
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby Troyk » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:19 pm

I wonder if this is the old Lost World Camping Ground. Remember going there about 25 years ago. I can't find any record of it.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby s4j » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:52 pm

It's about 5 mins down the road from Darlington Park......on the Left......Rd sign says Left Hand Branch Rd......gateway directly after the road sign......passes through a few farms and cattlegrids and gates.....but basically it is the last property on the road......

Troy, I havent' heard of the Lost World Camping ground......these owners have only owned the property since about October last year and only moved there in February.....

Well worth a look.....for those liking the open ground type of areas.....there are bush camping areas as well.....
s4j
Camping King

Postby Derek Bullock » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:10 pm

They have their own website at http://www.butinga.com.au/ or check the map below.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Derek Bullock » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:21 pm

If anyone is interested here is Bob & Chrissy Eustaces write up on Darlington Park http://www.aroundoz.com/a_campsite_arch ... n_park.htm

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby jeddalegs » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:51 pm

Hi everyone.. im new here... been reading some posts trying to find some good camping spots in brissy... liked the sound of this one so i checked out there website... found a big red note saying....

IMPORTANT MESSAGE"
Camping for the General paying Public has been suspended by Council until further notice. This is pending approval (or not !) of application which has been in Council for some 12 months. Also due to complaints from "friendly" neighbour(s).
Relatives & Friends of course, are still welcome to visit at anytime. Inquiries by Community Groups, e.g. scouts, pony clubs etc. will be considered

so dissapointing it looks like a really nice place... i dont spose this is an old msg? has anyone been there recently?
jeddalegs
Boy Scout

Postby Derek Bullock » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:36 pm

Sounds like someone didnt get council approval. ::()
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby s4j » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:57 pm

jeddalegs wrote:Hi everyone.. im new here... been reading some posts trying to find some good camping spots in brissy... liked the sound of this one so i checked out there website... found a big red note saying....

IMPORTANT MESSAGE"
Camping for the General paying Public has been suspended by Council until further notice. This is pending approval (or not !) of application which has been in Council for some 12 months. Also due to complaints from "friendly" neighbour(s).
Relatives & Friends of course, are still welcome to visit at anytime. Inquiries by Community Groups, e.g. scouts, pony clubs etc. will be considered

so dissapointing it looks like a really nice place... i dont spose this is an old msg? has anyone been there recently?

I was there the June long weekend.....and yep they did have an Interim Approval...the hold up was the plans for Amenities.....council seemed to think that 'they' knew the best place for the location...not good seeing no one from council had ever been to visit....Just seems another case of Council slackers.....
s4j
Camping King

Re: Butinga Qld...south of Darlington Park

Postby Dave-Yakka » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:56 pm

digging up an old thread. i have just sent off an inquirey in regards to camping. i will let you all know what comes back.

Dave
Dave-Yakka
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:22 pm

Going by their website, nothing has changed Dave. http://www.butinga.com.au/

Will be interested to see what comes of your enquiry.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Dave-Yakka » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:32 pm

this is the relpy i just recieved

Hi Dave
Thanks for your inquiry. We are only allowed to have bush camping at
Butinga. At the moment the track is not good, due to the floods. Hopefully
the council will get around to fixing it up a little. It is only a 4WD track
anyway, so you do need a 4wd to get to it. It is a beautiful & very private
camping area. You are welcome to come out anytime, but please let us know
when. I can then let you know if the road is passable.Thanks.

Regards,
Dennis & Katy Chan

:armsup So its up for a camping trip in the next month or so for me.
Dave
Dave-Yakka
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:35 pm

Report and heaps of pics are on order please Dave.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby freerocketman1 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:16 pm

i had a look at their web site to see if things have changed & it looks like it has for the worst :(
the owners have given up on getting butinga up & running & have now taken over running the place next to stinson's park.
what a shame the local council didn't give the go ahead.
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Return to Queensland