Last camp for some time

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: Last camp for some time

Postby Rosco1 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:11 pm

Val....You only need an inverter when running off a 12 v battery..(like a cig outlet in your car)..this steps the 12v up to 240v so that you can use it on 240v elect appliances like,computers,charging elec shavers etc...we also run our ctv and air cooler off it (air cooler is only 60w)
If the inverter will say its 100watt....150watt etc (and there are alot of sizes ..I have a 4000watt in the bus for running bigger appliance like air-con,toaster,elec jug,washing machine,microwave etc).....
look on the back of your computer (or appliance you want to use)...and it will have a watt size ...your computer should be around 60w which means a 100w inverter will run it comfortably ...I use an inverter thats fairly close to the size of the appliance I want to run because the bigger the inverter...the bigger the draw from your car battery to run it
Bit of generator info for you to read......

Choosing a Generator
•Camping
•Caravanning

EU20i Portable Honda Generator
Setting a new standard in portable electricity, the EU20i features a microcomputer-controlled sinewave inverter that guarantees commercial-quality electricity - making it ideal for use with frequency sensitive electrical equipment such as computers.

It also uses a high-speed multi-point alternator that is integrated into the engine itself. This Honda developed technology reduces the overall weight and size by 25% to 50% compared to similarly classed conventional models, making it very portable.

The EU20i also features an Eco-throttle which adjusts the engine speed to meet the load demand. This increases fuel economy whilst also reducing noise as the engine is not required to run at full capacity unnecessarily.

The EU20i is Parallel Connection capable. This feature allows two EU20i’s to be quickly and easily linked using a special parallel connection cable to double your output to 4Kva.

The EU20i’s is powerful enough to be used in a wide range of home, recreational and professional uses, whilst maintaining portability
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: Last camp for some time

Postby Val n Rob » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:54 pm

sorry guys, yes i did mean 240 Gypsy and Rosco, (see what happens when you don't do a preview???) I don't really trust anything much now except for the Honda and yes it is a EUi model. Thanks heaps.

cheers Val
Val n Rob
Captain Camping

Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat