New to camping

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

New to camping

Postby Oscar A » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:40 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to camping and love it.
I first went camping last year with some mates at the Oven river for a long weekend and really enjoyed myself. Since that trip I have bought myself a second hand Freedom canvas 2 room cabin tent and all the bits that go with camping. I have been a little reluctant to take the family camping though since I really don't know where to go as I like secluded spots away from everyman and his dog. What's the point of camping if you are going to have tents and people right in your pocket. Well over the Queens Birthday weekend the boys went up to Big River so off I went again and now have the confidence to take the family. The one thing I did learn is I don't like setting up tents so I'm selling the Freedom tent soon and looking at a Black Wolf turbo plus tent to replace it.
I will use this site to find locations where to camp, get tips on do's and don't do's etc.
Great forum and thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge, nubies such as myself get a lot from it. :+

Oscar
Oscar A

Re: New to camping

Postby Titch2 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:38 pm

Welcome to the forum.
I grew up with the Ovens river as my playground.Punka area.
Enjoy the camping.
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:24 pm

WELCOME Oscar.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby carlie r » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:52 pm

i'm also new in camping :grin:
carlie r

Postby Rosco1 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:47 pm

Welcome aboard Carlie.....Hope you enjoy the forum...

How about telling us a little about yourself....like....where are you from etc
Oh.....and don't worry about ''Titch'' to much....hes a little bit crazy..... :*** :***

Cheers

Rosco
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Introductions: