The Murray River...HELP!

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

The Murray River...HELP!

Postby Nima J » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:09 pm

Like multiple other new posts, I am new to camping. At the age of 21, my university mid-year holidays have just started and my main plan for the 4 weeks is driving up to the Murray (from my busy main street home in Melbourne) for a week to see the river for the first time. I have a van so I will be sleeping in that until I am confident to set up a tent and sleep outside away from home.

Does anyone have any tips or pointers or suggestions or advice for me before I start my life as a camper? I prefer a more baron area and not so green :)

Thank you
Much appreciated
I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask, "Mother, what was war?" - Eve Merriam
Nima J

Re: The Murray River...HELP!

Postby Titch2 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:27 pm

How far do you want to travel?
with all our rain the murray will be very wet,any of the caravan parks will be ok at the moment as most have gone North.
Do you need showers and toilet etc.
More info please.
Welcome to the forum.
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Nima J » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:29 pm

Around the Albury/Wodonga area. Toilet is the only must, do not need anything else..
I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask, "Mother, what was war?" - Eve Merriam
Nima J

Postby Titch2 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Nima J wrote:Around the Albury/Wodonga area. Toilet is the only must, do not need anything else..

May I suggest Barmah,,the caravan park is great and not to far away.
If you want to free camp look up
http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1parks.cfm
surf the sites.
Just check they are open due to the rain.
Hope this helps.
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Nima J » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:56 pm

Excellent. I have just spent the last 20 minutes reading about Barmah National Park. Looks like a top spot. It looks like I'll be starting off there!

Thanks mate
Nima J

Postby Titch2 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:16 pm

Nima J wrote:Excellent. I have just spent the last 20 minutes reading about Barmah National Park. Looks like a top spot. It looks like I'll be starting off there!

Thanks mate

Word of warning,due to the recent floods the Mozzies are hot.
Take heaps of repellent.
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:32 pm

Look forward to hearing how your trip went in the Barmah NP.

We have done some of the Murray River, Swan Hill, Echuca & around the Yarrawonga, Lake Mulwala area and loved it. Looking forward to heading down Albury way and also heading up to Mildura and onto South Aust but we only get a break at Xmas and it's either full or wayyy tooo hot!!!!

Hope you had a great time. :?#
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Introductions: