Oz here we come

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Oz here we come

Postby Charlotte S » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:57 am

:hello:
Hey everyone. new on here today. just organising our trip now for January 2012. my partner and I did NZ in 2010 for a month and now here we come to Oz. so looking forward to it.
Charlotte S

Re: Oz here we come

Postby Titch2 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:46 am

Welcome to the forum.Where are you froma
and where in Australia you plan on visiting.
Cheers Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Charlotte S » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:49 pm

we're coming for the Channel Islands near England. plannign on coming to Oz for 4 weeks in Jan-Feb 2012.

we seem to only be able to come out of Brisbane but want to the do Ayres Rock, Alice Springs and the East coast. we know its alot of driving but we love it. were we live its only a small island and to us driving for 8-10hrs a day is so much fun.
Charlotte S

Postby Titch2 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:56 am

Man it's going to be hot,bring lots of longsleeve cool clothing.
fly nets for your must have hats.
The trip is doable with, as you say lots of driving.
Tenting would make the trip Quicker.little motor home,come panelvan quiker still.
Just be aware that with all the strange weather we have been having to expect anything.
Enjoy your trip.
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Charlotte S » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:45 am

Thanks for your help.
we knew it will be hot, but i have never been bothered by heat to much so looking forward to it. we were looking at using Jucy hires as we used them in NZ or hippie campers so would be a sort of panel van vehicle. but we are trying to work out if it is cheaper to camp the whole way round with a car.

yeh its a shame you lot keep having all these problems over there. just shows nature is so destructive! hope your all sorting your self outs.
Charlotte S

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:28 pm

Charlotte S wrote:we knew it will be hot, but i have never been bothered by heat .

It's not the heat as such that will be difficult for you but more the humidity.....don't dismiss that fact.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Introductions: