First time camping.com.au user

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

First time camping.com.au user

Postby Michael D1 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just dropping in to say G'Day and introduce myself.

It's been 20 to 30 years since I went camping in scouts. Back then I could carry everything in my back pack that I needed. It's amazing how much crap you need nowadays with a family ::()

The wife and I have 2 kids, 3 months and 2 years. I wanted to get the kids into camping early because I have so many good memories. The 2 year old love camping, so that's good.

So, having just spent a small fortune we have all the camping equipment one could want, we have just come back from our first big trip from the Central Coast in NSW up to Mackay and back.

I ended up going with a Campmor 3m x 3m Safari Bow extension. I bought a 7x4 trailer to carry all the stuff. I should have gotten myself a 7x5 because it's so hard to all the stuff into the trailer.

After 2 weeks of setting up a tent every day, I'm over it :-bang Looking to upgrade already to the UEV490 by Conqueror Australia. Till that happens though, I'll be scouting this website for ideas and locations to take the family away for future trips.

See you round.
Mike D.
:P
Michael D1

Re: First time camping.com.au user

Postby Titch2 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:27 pm

Welcome aboard Mike.
Love the camping with kids, they are a joy to watch.
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:37 pm

:hello: Welcome Mike.

Sorry for the tardy reply but I have been MIA from here for a little while and am still catching up. :***

We have done the tent thing when the kids were little and now that they are older (13 & 16) with one left home also, we upgraded to our Customline CT nearly 3 years ago and absolutely love it. I can't believe it's been 3 years since we bought it......gosh time flies...

The kids have loved camping and it's been a joy to see them get out there.....best memories were when they got into the mudhole and transformed themselves into "mud monsters" they had it EVERYWHERE...the only place they missed was their eyes!!!!!! Hilarious stuff. Also when we were setting up the ground sheet for the tent and we discovered a turtle nest of baby turtles, that was fantastic, they named them all had a little play with them and then took all sixteen baby turtles down to the water and released them to find their mummy. Just stuff that we and they will never forget.

Look forward to hearing about how the kids are loving camping and some trip reports and pics!!! :+
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:15 pm

xmasbaby67 wrote::had a little play with them and then took all sixteen baby turtles down to the water and released them to find their mummy.

Don't tell the kids XB....but baby turtles never see their mummy, not even once.

She lays the eggs and then heads back down the beach and into the water and the little guys are on their own thereafter.

Sad but true.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:20 pm

I knew that Gypsy but it was the only way those poor little turtles were ever going to make it to the water as the kids wanted to keep them as pets but I told them that their mummy would be looking for them and probably getting worried about where they were :lol:

Gosh that would have been over 5 years ago now!!!!! Time flies .... ::()
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Titch2 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:01 pm

Turtle soup :armsup
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:22 pm

Titch2 wrote:Turtle soup :armsup

TRUST you to be thinking of ya belly Titch.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Titch2 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:30 pm

GypsyLady wrote:
Titch2 wrote:Turtle soup :armsup

TRUST you to be thinking of ya belly Titch.

And a lot of that to think of
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to Introductions: