Free camping

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Free camping

Postby Jacqui74 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:47 pm

Hi I'm new to the forum world, this is my very first post.
My husband, two daughters and myself have been camping for the past 5 years. We don't get to go often once every couple of months (if I'm lucky) and we tend to stay close to home.
We live in Whyalla so we camp near Point Lowly (plenty of free camping spots). We used to camp at the site of the mining town Iron Baron, since they have reopened the mine though it is a no go zone.
I was hoping someone might be able to help me with locations for camping in my area within a couple of hours drive. We have a Jayco Swan van, we need somewhere with access for that. I tent it occassionally when just my youngest daughter and I go but otherwise I like my luxury.

Can someone please help? :(

Jacqui74
Jacqui74

Re: Free camping

Postby Beagle » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:25 pm

Hi Jacqui74. Welcome to Camping. I cant help you with locations in your area but a good idea would be see what info is available from SA National Parks, SA motoring group and also to get a copy of Camps6. From these I am sure you will get some good information.
Beagle
Captain Camping

Postby Jacqui74 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:25 pm

Thank you for that information Beagle.
We are going camping next weekend at a national park weather permitting, my husband doesn't like to go if it might rain, me I don't care I'll sit in my fly screen room or van all day if it means not being stuck in town.
The only down side to national parks, no dogs allowed and we have 2 of them. At least they allow camp fires which at this time of year is half the fun of camping.
Jacqui74

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:29 pm

What will you do with the dogs Jacqui if you don't take them??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:01 pm

And....What will you do for a ''Camp-fire'' ....if its raining ????????
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Jacqui74 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:55 pm

Hello Gypsy Lady

Sadly I will have to leave my dogs at home, we will only be gone 2 nights so my sister will feed them.
If we were going for longer we have a friend who stays at our house so they have some company.
Jacqui74

Postby Jacqui74 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:03 pm

Nice to meet you Rosco1 now don't say nasty things like that.
I'm die hard, when it rains we just put a tarp up and sit under it. This works fine for drizzle and the fire won't go out. I suppose if it rained harder and the fire went out I'd sit in my van have another drink and cry about it.
We haven't been camping when its raining to hard. It could be fun!
Jacqui74

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:39 pm

Jacqui74 wrote:Nice to meet you Rosco1 now don't say nasty things like that.
I'm die hard, when it rains we just put a tarp up and sit under it. This works fine for drizzle and the fire won't go out. I suppose if it rained harder and the fire went out I'd sit in my van have another drink and cry about it.
We haven't been camping when its raining to hard. It could be fun!

GOOD GIRL.....you tell him.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Introductions: