anyone been fishing at Collarenabri lately

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

anyone been fishing at Collarenabri lately

Postby Val n Rob » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:18 pm

hi there, Rob and I heading off to LIghtning Ridge for a few days then off to Collarenabri for a couple of weeks. Gonna try a bit of fishing, not that either of us are fisherpeople. Has anyone had any luck out there recently? Not sure where we are staying but might be able to find a camp down near the river with a bit of luck.
Cheers Val ::)
Val n Rob
Captain Camping

Re: anyone been fishing at Collarenabri lately

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:58 pm

No idea about the fishing at Colli Val but I am sure you will enjoy the thermal pool at the Ridge.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Val n Rob » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Hey Gypsy, We have been home for a week, and I am missing my early morning swims. Went up to Pilliga Bore last Sunday took my sister and my son, his wife and three kids and had a picnic. Was very nice. How's things where you are? We got heaps of oranges on our two trees.

Cheers Val
Val n Rob
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:50 am

Val, I read somewhere that they have recently cleaned the thermal pool out at Pilliga and it is looking pretty good.

It was very murky when I was there in November last year. I had to wear socks as it was so slippery on the bottom of the pool.

Yeah, things are ok here....bit cool but that is pretty much the same everywhere at the moment.

Think I might be totally over citrus now.......

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Val n Rob » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:47 am

Yes Gypsy, Pilliga pool has been cleaned, it's very nice. quite warm and huge pipe carrying water in. Lovely to sit under. Pool not as big as Burren but we had a nice time there last Sunday, drove up for a picnic. Rob and I at Lightning Ridge just now. Pool here very hot, couldn't stay in too long. Went down in the Black Hand Gallery. It was fantastic, congrats to the sculptor. Well worth the $25 entry fee. We had a great weekend, good company, good food and a couple of drinks!! What more could we want?

Moving on this morning to Colley

Cheers
Val n Rob
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:45 pm

I like the pool at LR in winter and find it very beneficial with my knee. Way too hot at any other time though.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Val n Rob » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:49 pm

Stayed in Colle for 3 days, got on to the river bank via private property, the owner was kind enough to let us use his road in. Didn't have much luck with fishing and it was way too cold for yabbies. Caught 3 carp only. Moved on to the freepark just over the bridge near town. Lovely free hot showers and toilets, and pretty good parking area too. Home again now for a while, job a 1 day a week job for a couple of months so that's going to keep me occupied for a while.

Not sure where we are going later might look at Tassie.

Cheers Val
Val n Rob
Captain Camping

Return to General Chit-Chat