A Job Well Done.

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

A Job Well Done.

Postby Rosco1 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:56 pm

Now,,,,,,,I know this could have gone in the ''Camper Trailer'' Section....BUT....Its not actually the product I am referring to but....The great service We received from a local Service Person.( One-man-band)

We were having a few problems with our CT that we wern't happy with and decided to get them repaired before they developed into a problem.

Firstly,,,,,We wern't to happy about a section of the stitching that looked a bit ''Suss''.....and looked like it was pulling apart and would have ended up leaking / ripping......This guy fixed it perfectly and also 'glued' the stitching as he sowed so that it wouldn't re-occur.....''good-stuff''...''Quality''

Secondly,,,,The manufacturer had not used good quality ribbon for the tie-downs on the top after it is zipped up.....This guy replaced all of them with a U V resistant ribbon that should have been used in the first place...Then.....replaced the metal loops that were on it with ''snap together'' catches....What a great guy !!!

Thirdly,,, (To keep Gypsy happy....lol).....I had him make up a '''''Stone guard'''''' on the front to prevent stone chips...What a great job he made of this....even ''colour co-coordinated the guard with the same colour mesh to match the covers on the CT.

Lastly.....The ...dreaded price....an amazingly low price of only $280- plus for me to be able to pick it up after work....He waited around for half an hour after he closed for me to be able to pick it up. :+

Its a long time since I have experienced such good service and been so pleased with the workmanship.

If any-one around Brisbane needs work done on their CT or Tent repairs I would recommend this guy.

Custom Canvas in Enoggera....ph 0439 800 807 ....Chris originally started out with the Camel C T's

Cheers

Rosco
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: A Job Well Done.

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:58 pm

LOVE to hear 'happy customer' stories like this one, thanks for sharing it with us Rosco.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:13 pm

Brought this back up for a member who messaged me about it.....
May-be of use to others doing their maintainance before heading off this summer

cheers
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby sienna » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:37 pm

This guy sounds great. All for $280! I'm impressed. MIght have to go see them or at least give them a call.
Thanks Rosco.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Rosco1 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:41 pm

Hes really helpful sienna & as I mentioned...he was one of the original instagators of ''Camel'',,,,which from memory....yours is...so,,,he knows them backwards.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:11 pm

Great to hear good old fashioned service is still out there....

Ian at Customline has just started a service arm to their business and you can get everything from a pre-holiday service and check for a set price (extra parts excluded) to canvas repair to a full service on your CT and so on.

I thinks this is a great idea and only helps reinforce what a great product they are selling but they also have the back up to their product.....
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to General Chit-Chat