Emu Alert

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Emu Alert

Postby Jacqui74 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:57 am

It's been 2 weeks since I went camping at Mambray Creek, we got there at 5pm on the Friday night, set up the Jayco in about 10 minutes, had a nice hot tea (cooked in my Ecopot) while sitting around a camp fire in the drizzling rain. See Rosco1 it can be done! A glass of wine or 2 helps as well. However a couple of hours after going to bed it rained so hard and long I prayed the van could float. It was so load I couldn't hear my daughter, who was laying right next to me speak, she was only complaining about the noise.
Next morning we awoke to sunshine, well a patch here and there. While cooking a breakfast of bacon and eggs on the BBQ we had a surprise visitor, he came and gave us the once over and wandered off behind our car, we thought no more of him until I turned back to the BBQ to find him about to steal a piece of bacon. Who knew Emus were carnivorous! (not me I have no idea what they eat, isn't that terrible) but there was no way he was having my bacon, I'm on one side of the BBQ he's on the other, my arms are above my head trying to appear bigger than him, yelling "I'm bigger than you, go away, I'm bigger than you, bugger off your not having my bacon," my daughter is almost rolling on the ground with laughter and not one of us thought to grab a camera and take a photo of the emu trying to steal bacon. I'm not sure what made him leave in the end, did he think I was bigger than him, was he afraid I was crazy or did the now burnt bacon just not smell that good anymore!!

My daughter at random times would put her arms above her head run around yelling I'm bigger than you for the rest of the day. At least she can't say she had a boring weekend. :grin:
Jacqui74

Re: Emu Alert

Postby stevo. » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:25 pm

Excellent story Jacqui :armsup

:armsup :armsup :armsup :armsup :armsup :armsup
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:06 pm

Great story Jacqui !!! :+

I would never have thought to do that if an emu was picking at my bacon cooking, I have a bird phobia so I probably would have bolted :*** :*** :*** :***
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:14 pm

Still can't believe that you let those ''Drum-sticks'' get away .......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:21 pm

That is one very short emu Rosco!!!! :***

xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:23 pm

Rosco's was only a baby chick XB, hence the small drumsticks.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:30 pm

The baby emu's mother is now after Rosco!!!!

xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Titch2 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:36 pm

xmasbaby67 wrote:Great story Jacqui !!! :+

I would never have thought to do that if an emu was picking at my bacon cooking, I have a bird phobia so I probably would have bolted :*** :*** :*** :***

I can relate to the bird fhobia.

KCAJTFYXMCAC9G785CAEYBBBXCAZRABV3CA6KISC3CA3ZT16JCA00MAVNCARYWD43CA7H5SW7CA8IARB8CAUU8MK8CA3BCAR8CALXZCQ1CASRPZZ4CAYQ98ENCA667DQOCAUTDM48CAKI99EL.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:44 pm

WOW Titch you picked me in one :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+

But I think I'm better looking than her!!! :***
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:58 pm

xmasbaby67 wrote:The baby emu's mother is now after Rosco!!!!

Don't know that I like Rosco's chances, especially with those horns and that wild eye look.......I can see some really fast running happening here or else a really big OUCH coming.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:08 pm

And then if she says "My best friend is a snake and he is coming after you too!!!"

We wouldn't see Rosco for dust :***
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:13 pm

OK I'm off to pick up my girls from netball practice then go to have my pedicure & glass of bubbles :cheers

We have netball both days this weekend so I hope everyone has a great weekend and will catch you all again on Monday. :beer :beer
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to General Chit-Chat