First time camping with 3 kids

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Re: First time camping with 3 kids

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:46 pm

Here is a pic of a 5' blow mould folding camp table currently at Kmart for $49.

Some camp chairs there too....actually a good time to be buying now with the Father's Day specials.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Stephen T » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:50 pm

GypsyLady wrote:Here is a pic of a 5' blow mould folding camp table currently at Kmart for $49.

Some camp chairs there too....actually a good time to be buying now with the Father's Day specials.

Thanks Gypsy,

Yeah i saw them advertised. Big W has a few things also.
I'll pick up a table this weekend.
Was a bit worried about the $15 sleeping bags though.

The mats advertised... are they mainly used for just outside the entrance to a tent ? Are there other places they are handy for ?

Trivo
Stephen T

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:25 pm

Stephen T wrote:Was a bit worried about the $15 sleeping bags though.

The mats advertised... are they mainly used for just outside the entrance to a tent ? Are there other places they are handy for ?

Trivo

I only use them at the door....they can get very slippery when wet and I have a couple of hessian bags I put over them.

The $15 sleeping bags would only be lightweight.....aim for something a bit better than that. I reckon maybe a -5 would be a good all round serviceable bag to get.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:29 pm

I also use those mats at the door to our tent and in the kitchen part of the CT. They are handy to put over the leads when on a powered site too.

Also handy to use for the kids to stand on when you are giving them a wash as the water drains through, mine have one side that are rougher so they are not slippery when wet. Always put them smooth side down.

If the budget is pretty tight then $15 sleeping bags would be enough to get the kids through spring/summer to see how it all goes, maybe with a blanket/doona over them if it gets really cold at night but it's starting to warm up now that you will only need just the sleeping bag.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:49 pm

We use those mats for.......at the entrance....in front of the bbq...cooker....inside our toilet / shower tent...
As far as ''$15'' for a sleeping bag......penny wise....pound foolish !!!!!!....As a rule.....You get what you pay for.

:cheers :cheers
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Previous

Return to Gear Guide