Hello from QLD

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hello from QLD

Postby hybridsoldier » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:33 pm

hi guys and galls. Just dropping in to say hi.

We are a young couple from just outside Brisbane. We are 23 yrs old and weve been married for two years now. and we are expecting our first child in January.

We both really love camping and getting away so we thought we'd join this site to chat with some like minded people and maybe find some new friends to go camping with.

any questions just send a message.

Thanks
hybridsoldier

Re: Hello from QLD

Postby Titch2 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:02 pm

Welcome to the forum.
New baby in January,take the child camping from day one ,whoo hoo :?#
Cheers.
Titch
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:13 pm

Hi hybridsoldier......WELCOME to our forum, very pleased to have you here.

You might like to update your profile with you location, no need to be specific just general location.

May I also suggest you have a look back through the forum, lots of interesting reading, great tips and wonderful stories to be enjoyed.

I agree with Titch.....get the little one out camping as soon as you can manage.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:39 am

:hello: Welcome to the forum!!!!!

It's great to have you both aboard. Please just ask away as we all love a chat on here.....hahaha

How lucky is that baby going to be to be camping from day one!!!!

There is some great reading on here, I especially like the show us your setup pics and place reviews. Also a great thread to have a look at is the General Chat Thread as it can get quite hilarious.....as is Roscoville.

What setup have you guys got? Tent, Campertrailer, Van, Tarp???? :lol:
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby hybridsoldier » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:31 pm

Thanks for the welcomes.
We deffinatly will be taking the baby camping. I never got to do much growing up but Nic grew up going camping every year and she loved it so yeah...

At the moment with just the two of us our setup is a coleman lakeside 6man dome tent and we throw up an oz trail 3x3 gazebo thing. next to it.

We also have a larger dont know how many man tent. haha it has Two dome rooms and a smaller middle section. which we put up under a BIG tarp ( i think its about 4x5) and that covers the kitchen and sitting area infront of the tent. We inhereted this set up from Nic's parents. they've gone soft and bought a caravan haha. just joking..

Ill get some pics up soon.

Ian and Nic
hybridsoldier

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:02 pm

Your setup sounds GREAT Ian & Nic......

Inherited stuff is the best stuff as it's FREE!!!!!

Rosco will just LOVE your big tarp as he is our resident tarp expert..... Hey Rosco :*** :*** :*** :***

Looking forward to the pics as we all love pics here and it's also great to see someone else's setup as that is how you get some of the best ideas!!!! :+ :+

Being in QLD you have some beautiful places to camp!!!!
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:23 am

Welcome on board Mr & Mrs. Hybridsoldier........Hope you enjoy the forum.....

Ya can sure tell that Titch lives down south....lol.....To hot up here @ that time of the year (29deg in the shade here today)...with a new baby.......plus....its our rain season........

Where r u from in Qld / Brisbane ????

Cheers

Rosco
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby hybridsoldier » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:07 pm

yeah we live just outside of brisbane in Ipswich... its getting pretty hot down here too
hybridsoldier

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:59 pm

hybridsoldier wrote:yeah we live just outside of brisbane in Ipswich... its getting pretty hot down here too

Yep Ipswich is hotter in summer and colder in winter.....giving you great preparation for camping all year round.

Very glad to see that you have a use a tarp over.....only way to go when camping. Helps keep you cooler in summer and warmer in winter.

Looking forward to the pix too and remember to reduce them in size before putting them on the forum....640 x 480 is the ideal forum size Ian.

If you have any problems with this just let me know and I can assist you.

Cheers Gypsy

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Introductions: