Camping in the Latrobe Valley

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Camping in the Latrobe Valley

Postby Chris C » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:02 pm

So me and my mates go camping a lot, and are always looking for new places. We're from the Valley. Usually go camping along the Morwell River in Boolarra, it's not a bad place but we need something different.
I'm going to be going for a drive some time this week to check out some places for the weekend. Been told Tooronga Falls at Noojee isn't bad, so I'll be making the drive from Thorpdale to there.
Anybody can recommend some good places to check on the way or a little out of the way? We're completely self sufficient, don't need any facilities. Being able to cut our own wood and have a fire is a must, there being a river is also a must. Good fishing is an added bonus. Must be accessible by cars, not just 4WDs, and we don't need a huge area, all we need is a fire and enough space to set up our swags.

Cheers, Chris.
Chris C

Re: Camping in the Latrobe Valley

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:53 pm

Hi Chris and WELCOME to the forum.....can't help you with any suggestions as I am a little too far north to know the area.

I am sure someone will be along in a while who can help you with some suggestions for the area you ask about. In the meantime you might want to have a look about the forum as there is lots of interesting reading here and some great pics as well.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Chris C » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:16 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome.

We'd be willing to travel a few hours as well.
Chris C

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:06 pm

:hello: Welcome to the forum Chris

Sorry I cant help you there but I'm sure one of our regulars 'Titch' will be on here sometime today and that is his area of the world and should be able to help you out, also I think Bradd is from down that way too.

Also try doing a searchto see what comes up.

Look forward to hearing how it goes and hopefully a report and some pics. :+
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Titch2 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:09 pm

Chris C wrote:So me and my mates go camping a lot, and are always looking for new places. We're from the Valley. Usually go camping along the Morwell River in Boolarra, it's not a bad place but we need something different.
I'm going to be going for a drive some time this week to check out some places for the weekend. Been told Tooronga Falls at Noojee isn't bad, so I'll be making the drive from Thorpdale to there.
Anybody can recommend some good places to check on the way or a little out of the way? We're completely self sufficient, don't need any facilities. Being able to cut our own wood and have a fire is a must, there being a river is also a must. Good fishing is an added bonus. Must be accessible by cars, not just 4WDs, and we don't need a huge area, all we need is a fire and enough space to set up our swags.

Cheers, Chris.

Welcome to the forum.
Noojee is a lovely area.
Glen Cromie park at Neerim south is ok as well( paid camping, fires allowed.)
You can camp on the river at Walhalla as well.
Golden beach past Sale is good on the ninety mile beach.
Cheers.
Titch
Cheers. :beer :beer :beer
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:34 pm

Chris C wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome.

We'd be willing to travel a few hours as well.

You are most welcome Chris. Think it may take a little more than a few hours to where I am currently....NQ.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Camping Tips and Locations