Stolen Camper Trailers

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Stolen Camper Trailers

Postby guy f » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi all,
I've just had my Blue Tongue camper trailer stolen last Sunday 18th Sept, 2011 at about 4:15am from out front of my house between Avalon/Palm Beach, NSW. It had a large padlock and chain on the kerb side and the thief didn't realise until he drove off! Sounds of tire screeching and gravel as the wheel locked. My wife and I got out of bed to look out the window thinking we would be seeing some drunk doing a wheelie! We both did not notice that the trailer had gone! He dragged it about 100 meters around the next bend and then jimmied the padlock and broke it. If I'd twigged I would have caught him around the bend! I followed the drag mark and found the padlock, chain and a block of painted wood, all to be fingerprinted, and talked to neighbours a few hours later when we realised. It was reported to Police.
CCTV at Avalon Beach at 4:20am shows a black 4WD towing it through an intersection and then also at Newport Beach at 4:31am heading south. He could be local northern beaches but also the police are checking CCTV to the west of the northern beaches and then to the north as it may be someone that was working in the area and decided to come back in the early hours and steal it. CCTV as far as Collaroy does not show it passing that morning.
I've since set up a Twitter and Facebook page for anyone that has a trailer, car, boat etc stolen by criminal idiots. Send me your info, pix etc and I will post it online. It can be found at facebook.com/CrimStopper or twitter.com/CrimStopper
I can now say that if you have a trailer anywhere it needs a "Keep It,Klamp It", a huge padlock and chain, the wheel removed and also the tow ball connection dismantled or plugged! Chain it to a tree or drain, park a car in front of it at night or any other method because once it is gone it is only a matter of swapping plates and VIN to rebirth a trailer!
I would ask that if any of the people in the forum are in camp sites/parks on the east coast could they pass this on in the hope that perhaps someone may see my Camper Trailer which was uninsured ($4100) plus all of our camping gear ($800?) stolen one week before school holidays!
guy f

Re: Stolen Camper Trailers

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:25 pm

Very sorry to hear your terrible news guy....hope your CT is found quickly and returned to you undamaged.

Can't believe that you did not have it insured though, especially as you left it out front of the house....shame. There is a message here for all.

Is it possible for you to post some pics here of your CT and perhaps the current rego or some distinguishing features....might help someone recognize it if they come across it in their travels.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby guy f » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:27 pm

Hi Gypsy,
I don't know how to post pix here yet but if you go to the facebook and twitter links there are pictures and a flyer that could be printed out. I'm hoping that any camp site operators that may follow this website will see the post and keep an eye out for my stolen Camper Trailer. And I'm offering a reward! If this works for me it could work for others who have their trailers, boats or cars stolen. Many vigilant eyes will find the thief I think. The police have their resources but the people have many eyes and ears. Someones neighbour has just driven a camper Trailer into their driveway, backyard or garage. possibly even into a factory or Storage area Like kennards for example! The social network is the only tool that we have as friends and neighbours. Sort of like Neighbourhood Watch. I'm quite happy to post anyones pictures of their stolen trailer, car, boat etc onto the Facebook and Flickr pages I've setup this week and make it real hard for the thieves of this city, state or country to move on the open road with some one elses property!
guy f

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:27 pm

Guy, there are still many people who do not use either FB or Twitter so I suggest you use every medium afforded to you. Plaster pics of you CT at every opportunity you can.

Very easy to post pics here....use either Photobucket or similar OR post them direct.

At the bottom of the text box you will see a tag with the words UPLOAD ATTACHMENT...click on it

Next BROWSE your PC for the appropriate pic and then ADD FILE. You can add several pics this way.

Good Luck

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby guy f » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:52 am

Thanks GypsyLady Found the attachment button!

Please if your noticing Camper Trailers on the road, in your street or at your campsite please keep this CT in mind Pictures are here at http://www.flickr.com/photos/crimstopper/ This CT must turn up somewhere maybe with slightly different configuration? Even so if you contact me and have a picture I may be able to see something extra. A reward is offered for recovery.

Rego was W16688 at the time.

If your at a Caravan or campsite and you see this Camper Trailer call police and/or me ASAP.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crimstopper/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by guy f on Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
guy f

Postby Rosco1 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:27 am

Hi Guy....Not nice to hear of your misfortune....I'm sure that the Camping Family will certainly keep their eyes out for your CT. (Once again proves that Security systems are in place....only to keep the Honest ones out...)

We will have to get Gypsy to ''''RESIZE''' your post to a more computer friendly size.....Something she luvs to to for campermen with over-size entries.

Cheers & good luck.
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:22 pm

Yes I have resized them for you Guy but unfortunately I did lose you comments in the description box. You can edit your post and put them back in if you like.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:47 am

Oh,,,,Sorry,,,,Shes only any good at ''re-sizing'' the BIG stuff.....not much good with the words is our Gypsy.....Infact,,,Shes been known to cut them off al
together..... :beer :beer
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:50 pm

So sorry to hear about your CT theft..........that's outrageous...

We have a lot coming through town heading out on holidays, will keep eyes open for yours.

Did you have any stickers on the tailgate as they are really easy to spot and make it stand out from the others. Or is there something about your CT that really makes it stand out from others like yours?

For example our Customline not only has the Customline logo printed along the tailgate but we have a St George sticker in one of the corners, which I spot before the number plate. This may trigger someone's memory and then think to check the number plate to your missing trailer.

We made sure we insured ours and it is locked up and out of sight from any potential thieves......but I understand that sometimes this is not always an option for everyone.

Good luck finding it and I will check out your FB page for some pics to commit to memory so if I should see it I will remember it.

Also have you posted on Myswag.org & Campertrailers.org websites also.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:53 pm

Rosco1 wrote:Oh,,,,Sorry,,,,Shes only any good at ''re-sizing'' the BIG stuff.....not much good with the words is our Gypsy.....Infact,,,Shes been known to cut them off al
together..... :beer :beer

SIMPLY forgot to record them first....that's all.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:45 pm

SIMPLY forgot ....Must be an age thing.....lol

BUT.....Seriously though Gypsy.....We do appreciate it when you come to our aid and help with resizing pics when they are needed to be...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:56 pm

Well said Rosco....I agree :?#

Wonder how Guy is getting on???? I thought he would have been back on here to give us some more info regarding his CT?
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:14 pm

Rosco1 wrote:BUT.....Seriously though Gypsy.....We do appreciate it when you come to our aid and help with resizing pics when they are needed to be...

Thank you for the flowers Rosco.....you definitely know my weak spot.

In fact thank you both for your show of appreciation.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:19 pm

Rosco1 wrote:BUT.....Seriously though Gypsy.....We do appreciate it when you come to our aid and help with resizing pics when they are needed to be...

Thank you for the flowers Rosco.....you definitely know my weak spot.

xmasbaby67 wrote:Well said Rosco....I agree

In fact thank you both for your show of appreciation.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:43 pm

Be interesting to know if the rims are still on this CT....Plus also...The ''white'' mud flaps may single it out....

Also in one pic the spare is attached to the pole on the front...and on another....the wheel is missing
....If Guy still has it off the trailer it would be easier to spot the trailer as its not always easy to buy just one mag.....matching the other two on the trailer....

:cheers :cheers
Last edited by Rosco1 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat