Gday From ARAMARA (WHERE)?

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Gday From ARAMARA (WHERE)?

Postby PJ H » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:54 am

[bGgday to everyone on the forum[/b]

we are Pat OLD, Melissa Young, Sam12, Harry4, Boadie1 and Puppy 7 ,We live in a little township called Aramara about 40 K west of Maryborough QLD near MT Walsh national park and the bicentennial track , we have an older style semi off rd camper trailer 7x 5 trailer with thick aussie canvas swing out tail gate kitchen and it sleeps us 5 comfortably .

It took us a few years to finally get a camper trailer before that we used tents that was fun, now we have a bit more room a 200watt solar panel 3 deep cycle batteries 12v lighting and a large awning to cover the kitchen area its great set up for one night or extended stays

We are hoping at the beginning of 2012 we get to do a bit of travelling of this great land , we have just been local trips hervey bay 1770 etc , but we want to take a year and see this great land .

at current we pull the trailer with a 91 toyota surf thats probally seen better days , but if the lotto comes in we will probally buy a diesel cruiser or another hilux ..

I also admin a site on facebook called Australian Family Camping Group
as we are always looking for family orientated events associated with camping to attend
but you dont have to be a family to join just have a love of camping

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/22667 ... 9380692438
please feel free to join and share your stories

Regards Heaton Family
PJ H

Re: Gday From ARAMARA (WHERE)?

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:09 am

WELCOME to our forum Heaton family......sounds like you have one really great set up rig there. Any chance of posting some pics of it.....we love pics here.

I see you have given us a plug on your FB site too.......thanks for that.

Have a look around the forum; you will find some great reading on a variety of topics and jump in and tell us of your adventures too.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby PJ H » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:24 am

This is the best forum I could find on Camping online that doesnt just include one style of camping

as we used tents for many years till we could afford a trailer , as we grow we hope people will join this forum as well as there is only so much Facebook can do sometimes there is just not enough space to post all the information into it

Ill upload a pic of the Dodgy Camper very soon
PJ H

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:10 pm

PJ H wrote:This is the best forum I could find on Camping online that doesnt just include one style of camping

That right Pat, we do have it all here. We don't mind how you do it, we also don't limit our chat to just camping....it covers all areas of our lives.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby PJ H » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:11 pm

Ill upload a few pics of our Camper
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PJ H on Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PJ H

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:13 pm

Bit big Pat....can you resize them?? 640x480 is the best size for forum friendliness.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby PJ H » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:24 pm

The photos were taken at mullimbimby in nsw

she is a few years old but is a great set up the box at the fron of the trailer holds a 80l 240/12v fridge , the solar regulator emergency stuff like torches hammers etc

all the pegs behind that is a tray with 3 x 118 dc batteries rigged up to a 200watt solar panel as well as 40 litres of water , underneath is a 100 litre water tank which I have to repair the tap is broken so I have to drain the old water and fix the pump tap

I could proball set up a 12v tap but that is just being lazy we also have one of those solar showers and a 12v heater for when its cold (for the kids) ok

It has taken us many years to scrimp and save and bought things over time I think all up the set up has cost around $3500

which is in the budget Camper range

when we first started looking for a camper after the baby was born we couldnt believe the prices but if you persevere you will find one that suits you for the right price we paid $2000 for the trailer and tent with kitchen a bargain ....
and I bought the other items bit by bit over 2 years

But I wouldnt swap my dodgy Camper for any of the new ones as it is so me bit rough around the edges

and my kids love it
PJ H

Postby PJ H » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:26 pm

is that Better Gypsy I think that is 600 pix
PJ H

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Welcome aboard guys.......

Pat...You are going to get on so well with Titch...
Quote--'''''''it is so me, bit rough around the edges'''''''''..........And,,so is he....lol :beer

Nice part of the country you guys are from....We enjoy heading in that direction (from Brisbane)....When I can get time off work....Soon as we get around GYMPIE...Its shirts off....We feel the degrees start to rise....

Hopefully we will look at having another group camp soon....just waiting for our organiser ''P J''....to give the word,,,when & where..be nice to catch up with a few of the new members (and OLD ONES !!!)..Ay GYPSY.

Cheers

Rosco
Last edited by Rosco1 on Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Titch2 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:42 pm

Heya,welcome to the forum.Whats Facebook ? ::()
Your camper makes ours look very Basic ( maybe because it is LOL ) looks a neat unit.
200 watt of solar is good.
Cheers Titch.
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:46 pm

PJ H wrote:is that Better Gypsy I think that is 600 pix

Great thanks Pat
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby PJ H » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:47 am

Be great to organise a weekend up around this way , so many beautiful places there is a great little caravan park at Maroon close to the water not many people seem to know about it has a channel out to fraser island great summer whitting fishing and Maroon creek is great for Mud crabs .

Thanks for the welcome and the comments on the camper she is an oldie but a goodie many a fine tune played on an old fiddle (i tell my wife that anyway)

We are off to Hervey bay this week our youngest turns one on the 3rd and we have the oldest boy back from perth on holidays

So now the qld school holidays are finished it might be a good week and not so hectic in the parks
PJ H

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:48 pm

PJ H wrote:We are off to Hervey bay this week our youngest turns one on the 3rd and we have the oldest boy back from perth on holidays

Looking for a report and pics on your return Pat.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:54 pm

:hello: Welcome to the forum PJH!!!!

It's always great to have new members on here!!!!

We also started out in the good old tent, then after a couple of years we "upgraded" to our first campertrailer which makes yours look very, very flash!!! Ours didn't even have a kitchen, water tank or any of those flash extras, so when we got our new CT I was in girly heaven as I had a swing out kitchen (basic) and a water tank with a sink & tap....woohooo!!!!! Although when our eldest would come with us he would still just sleep outside next to the campfire in his swag rather than in the CT....also my hubby still goes for boys fishing weekends and all he takes is his swag!!! ::()

I have to agree that this is a bit of everything forum and is not just dedicated to one type of camping or 4wd or vehicles its a mishmash of every single thing to do with any sort of camping & a bit of general chit chat & sometimes a whole other stuff that has not much to do with camping......although Titch's cooking adventures would qualify ..... :*** :***

Looking forward to reading your trip reports and as you already know we love pics here.....best way to get great ideas...
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Introductions: