Very Strange

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Very Strange

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:18 pm

Heard a strange barking sound outside the camp the other day, a bit like a dog.

Looked out the door to find that the sound was coming from up in the tree.....grabbed my camera and headed out and was quite stunned to see this bird making the sound.

Could not believe it, would not have believed it had I not seen it with my own eyes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Very Strange

Postby Rosco1 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:44 pm

Father-in-law tells me that its a ''Northern Kooky'',,,,,,has the blue wings that the Southern ones don't have.

As far as sounding like a ''dog''.....He asks.......What had you been drinking the night before .......lol :beer
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:26 pm

Rosco1 wrote:Father-in-law tells me that its a ''Northern Kooky'',,,,,,has the blue wings that the Southern ones don't have.

Yes I know what it is Rosco which is why I was extremely surprised to hear it make such a strange noise.

They do have the blue tipped Kookas at home but the blue is not as intense. See attached pic taken which I took at Aratula last year.

The guy in the camp next to me reckons the Kooka knocked his cat out of the tree, he reckons they have a nest there but I am not convinced.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:24 am

It might of had a cold that day...lol
Rosco...!!! how dare you assume GL didn`t know what it was...shame on you.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:40 pm

Maybe it's a noise they make when trying to protect their young ones if there was a nest in the tree???

A mate of ours heard what was like someone screaming one night on his property, so he ventured out to find two foxes at his chook house (older fox outside & baby fox had squeezed under the fence) and the rooster was the one screaming.....weird but must be their way of making someone aware of the danger....he saved all the hens though as when our mate came outside he hunted the foxes away.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:51 pm

Poodle Jewel wrote:It might of had a cold that day...lol
Rosco...!!! how dare you assume GL didn`t know what it was...shame on you.

Funny thing PJ...my son said similar, he said that maybe the Kooka had a frog in his throat.....LOLOL

Even more strange was the fact that I heard the same noise again earlier this morning.

Yeah Rosco...shame on you thinking that a good born and bred aussie would not know what a Kookaburra was.....shame....shame.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to General Chit-Chat