The ads

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

The ads

Postby sienna » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:29 am

Is it just me or is a site thing now? I have an ad running across the top of the webpage now. It wasn't there yesterday but today it is. I'm finding it very irritating.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Re: The ads

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:53 am

Yep i see it too,you are right it wasn`t there yesterday..
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:20 pm

Mine is for Zoosk but they are showing me women,,maybe this is what Titch has been on about them changing our camping site to a dating site ..it is definately off putting to see women constantly flashing on your screen while you are typing;they should have a x so you can remove it.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:30 pm

Yep....they are there alright...(PJ....DON'T checkout those sort of sites what ever you do....you would be asking for real trouble....like '''''virus's'''''' etc

I've noticed a few different ones being on...google....how the owners of this site help fund it... :armsup
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Poodle Jewel wrote:Yep i see it too,you are right it wasn`t there yesterday..

Had some singles adverts there too PJ....so you can check it out.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:36 pm

Yep they are there alright but mine are for camping stores (american????), hotels combined and some other travel aus site......

Didn't they talk about this sort of thing before they did all the changes as a way of funding the site????

I think this much advertising they would be nearly making money......

Life as we know it here is changing AGAIN and not for the better!!!!!!
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Don't think it is about 'us - the members' but more for all the guests/visitors we have who visit the site.

If they were relying on us for revenue to fund the site, there'd be little or nothing.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:45 pm

Don't forget Gypsy if it wasn't for us and chatting to new members there would be ABSOLUTELY NO info on this site.....

Where is Stevo when you need him??????? Hmmmmmm
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:48 pm

xmasbaby67 wrote:Don't forget Gypsy if it wasn't for us and chatting to new members there would be ABSOLUTELY NO info on this site.....

Oh, I totally agree XB but I still think it aimed at the visitors rather than us...and probably without it we don't have a forum either. Seems to be the way of things.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby sienna » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:55 pm

We should have the option to turn it off or minimise it. I've got the women too. Though on the front page I get a camping store ad which looks like it's american based. Totally pointless.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:19 pm

There are a number of Ads on a continuous loop and if we had the option to turn them off, they'd not be much use sienna. Not that they are of any use to us but if they fund the forum then I guess we are stuck with them.

It would be really interesting to see just how much revenue they generate......suppose there is no way of telling.

Just hope they don't put members off.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby sienna » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:08 am

The least they could do is be relevant to our country and site. Surely that's not too much too ask.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:23 am

I agree Sienna!!!

I have a Groupon one above now for restaurant vouchers in sydney?????? And I have had the American Camping store one also.

I also noticed they are all down the left hand side of the screen when signing in.....seems like they are cramming them everywhere.

I hope they get some camping relavant one's like from camping stores in Oz or even caravan parks.....
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Woodsy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:42 pm

yeah i'm getting the zoosk and the grand canyon ranch ad here any chance we can keep them Aussie? get some aussie camping stores / caravan manufactures to put there hand in there pocket for the site.
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Postby Rosco1 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:26 pm

Google will be only paying the site a commision...when a member clicks on one of the adverts...and its not a fortune but they can mount up over a period.....

I'm not offended by them....and don't begrudge the owners for trying to recoupe some of the costs for running this site....after-all....we are quite happy to belong to a ''free'' forum.

Learn to look the other way if they are ''Not-your-cup-of-tea'' :beer :beer :beer
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat