Open Group Camping Invitation

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Open Group Camping Invitation

Postby Rosco1 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:17 am

We have made a few enquiries and decided that an excellent Camping Ground to hold our next group camp would be on the esplanade in Tin Can Bay at the camping ground called
KINGFISHER CARAVAN PARK
Over the weekend of the Fri.28th & Sat.29th October and if any want to stay longer...its their / your choice.
The rates seem to be as fair as any and the Camping Grounds look very clean & tidy and comes with a great list of amenities.
Powered sites normaly get taken fast....So....if you want / need one....please book in as soon as possible.
Its very close to the beach front and the BBQ area looks ok (5 O'clocksies :beer @ 5 on the Saturday nite for a meet & greet for members who haven't met each other during the day..(''BRING YOUR OWN CHAIR'')..maybe followed by a BBQ .
The contact number to book in is.....07-54864198 and the web-site is...
http://www.tincanbaytourism.org.au/kingfisher/

Heres a great chance @ a great place to meet up and introduce yourselves......If you are interested in coming,,,Please pop a post on here to give us an idea how many would like to come.
So far we have.....

P J (Poodle) & her 3 dogs
Sienna & her 2 children
Rosco & Avis...& our ''dawg''

As you have probably picked by now....YES...The whole family is invited as its ''Pet Friendly''.....And also,,,,

If you are looking at getting into camping, there are a number of cabins you could stay in....great chance to meet the crew and get an idea of what you would like to include in your camping kit....You are most welcome to join us.....

Rosco
PJ
Sienna

Cheers...we look forward to you guys adding your names..... :***
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: Open Group Camping Invitation

Postby Rosco1 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:24 am

Well...we are booked in.....Ladies name is ''SUE'' and sounds really nice....

Cheers
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:31 am

:+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+

Well done you guys.....looks like a nice little park right on the water!!!!

Sorry can't get there....will have to watch for your report & pics to warm us up here down south...

If anyone can get there it would be a great weekend & great idea Rosco with anyone new to camping to hire a cabin and take a look see at what others have to get some ideas.

Hope you all have a ball.......Start stocking that grog PJ!!! :cheers
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby sienna » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:54 am

I'm all booked in. :armsup
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Rosco1 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:32 am

Maybe the ''GROUP CAMP'' could be also turned into a buy / sell weekend.......Bring along any of your unwanted / un-needed camping gear.....Some-one may be interesterd in buying it..... :armsup
THERES AN INVITE FOR YOU ANNETTE A....if you are living around the Brisbane to Bundaberg areas

Cheers
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:38 am

Booked. :armsup They gave me a powered site so i can be near the others,camp sites don`t sound big she kept asking how big my van is hope i`ve got enough room to tarp..if anyone NEEDS a powered site i can give it up.
Don`t worry XB will definately be having a scotch or two.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:44 am

Sounds good and all sorted, thank you Rosco. Good location too but do make sure you take the insect repellent and the sunscreen.

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend as I will still be up this way, maybe Charters Towers by then.

I am sure you will all have a fabulous time and like XB am looking forward to the reports and pics.....bring on the pics please.

Don't forget to go and see the dolphins being hand fed.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:04 pm

The Dolphins will be right at our front door....Hence the reason we can't take Titch....Von said that as soon as he saw them on the web-site,,,He shot out into the kitchen and started making a brew of ''Batter'' :grin: :grin:
Sorry Titch....Poodle said you can't come :( :( :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Titch2 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:06 pm

Battered Dolphin cutlets.jpg

OOOOH YEEEEH :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby sienna » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:58 pm

How do we know you've got dolphin hiding in the batter?! Could be anything under there..... :***
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Rosco1 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Weather wise.....We have picked what is expected to be '''The Perfect Weather Week-End''
28day forcast is excellent.....
**************************************************************************************************************************************
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:18 pm

Rosco1 wrote:Weather wise.....We have picked what is expected to be '''The Perfect Weather Week-End''
28day forcast is excellent.....
**************************************************************************************************************************************

Fingers and paws crossed here for the weather to be kind to you guys.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Don`t care if it rains i`m still going my van will keep me dry.I am a bit worried about the sites though the lady had no idea what A Kia Carnival or people mover was and she even mentioned at one stage i might be able to squash you on the end???? :? I need room to tarp...afterall i will be with Rosco the tarp expert.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:42 pm

Maybe, she was thinking if the carnival was turning up....you would be loaded with lions & tigers & Titch's etc,,,,lol

I will be ringing her again as I have some-one wanting to come...but they will stay in the cabins as they have no camping gear.....

She didn't sound concerned when I told her we had a camping trailer.......
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:48 pm

Ooh goodie more takers,i have a friend from work who wants to come too,she`s a kiwi and likes a drink or twenty...lol
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat