Open Group Camping Invitation

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: Open Group Camping Invitation

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:19 pm

Have a great time eating your fish you lot!!!!!!

I am counting down the days now till next weekend cause we are off to Mudgee with our CT!!!!! Can't wait.....it's been too long since we have had her out and I am now starting to get excited....woot woot :cheers
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:27 pm

MMmmmmmmm wonder how it's all going??????

How many tarps has Rosco erected already????

How many ssspiders or sssssnakes has Rosco seen????

How many drinks has PJ had already????

Has Rosco been banished to Sienna's tent of doom yet????

Wonder if any new members will turn up to check things out?????

Hopefully all will be revealed come Monday!!!!!!! :***
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Titch2 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:55 pm

Hope tits drier than down here :(

I had lunch with this young bloke today,
wonder what our intrepid bushy Rosco would have done. :***

IMG_1317 (Medium).JPG

He was as big as a saucer :lol:
Cheers.
Titch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Titch2
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:39 am

Well we are back,forgot my camera so just took a couple on the phone but Rosco took his.
Very light rain the first night,but nice weather all weekend really. We met Tanyas new little addition who is a great little camper, not shy and got passed around when mum needed to head to showers etc.
Locals were very friendly ( A few permanent vans) and a lovely gentleman immediately come out to help us ladies tarp up,i had to redo mine as it was starting to rain so we just threw it up so i would have shelter. Rosco and Avis brought mum and dad along who were very handy,mum babysat the bub while Tanya set up and walked my little Fergie while i set up,Avis whipped up a mean desert for saturday night and no one caught any fish :( I cooked a fab roast dinner in my cobb cooker and Rosco and Bill fired up the barbie.
The park is clean and each site had it`s own wheelie bins,very quiet, though we thought Rosco had been playing up when a helicopter flew over Saturday night with it`s spot light on. No one ended up in the tent of doom so all good,would certainly go there again. I`ll let Rosco tell you his bit as they had a mighty fine meal or two out.
Love my Kia even fitted a fridge in with room to spare.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:56 am

Some photos are blurry silly phone but you will get the idea.

29102011075.jpg

29102011076.jpg

29102011074.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:03 am

A couple more
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:07 am

Saved the best till last...lol sorry R1
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:25 pm

Oh my lord doesn't Rosco look a treat in his dressing gown and slippers......woohoo (insert wolf whistle).. :?#

The Kia looks great PJ!!!! That fridge is a fantastic idea!!! :+

Hope the kids moved over and gave you some of that bed to sleep in!!!!!!

Thanks for the report..... looks like you all had a great weekend.. :+ :+ :+ :+
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby sienna » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:07 pm

Doesn't Rosco look great in his night gown!
Rosco, as usual helped me put up my tarp. As did his dad and PJ. Many thanks to you all for helping me out at various times with the little ones.

As PJ mentioned, the grounds and people were lovely. Very laid back, with no fences in sight.
Saturday saw us trying in vain to see the dolphins but luckily we saw them on Sunday. Just beautiful. We did a spot of fishing with little luck. Technically speaking I did catch a fish but unfortunately it was too small so we threw it back. After a nap in the arvo, Pj and I took the kids for a long walk. Her dogs absolutely loved running wild on the beach. And Pj being the great mum she is, duly bathed all four of them afterwards.
Rosco was on his best behaviour (yes he is rather well trained contrary to pubic opinion) so he managed to avoid the tent of doom.

On Sunday after a long pack up and lots of help, I took the kids down to the water front for a look and discovered the local swimming pool. Given it was rather hot we decided to go for a dip. Then we stopped at the local fish and chip shop for lunch and headed back home. Thankfully the traffic was pretty good and I made good time on the way back.

Unfortunately I got bitten by some little critters on Sat which left me with small little red dots. The dots didn't start to itch til Monday morning and I haven't stopped scratching! :-bang Thankfully the kids didn't get bitten so they aren't affected.

Really glad that we got to go for a camp before my 3wks over chrissy. Discovered that a couple things are missing from my kit so I'll have to make sure I put them back. And it's nice to know that my littlest one is no real bother whilst camping. She'll prob be crawling by christmas so I'll reserve my judgement til then!.

To those who thought about coming but didn't, make sure you come next time. We really don't bite, that's just the mozzies.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:17 am

Very PLEASED to hear you all had a good time camping......I was thinking of you and wondering how it was going.

Not surprised that there was no fish caught for a meal....thought the info Rosco had been given before the event about how great the fishing was....was a bit fishy!!

PJ, looks like you have the kids and the Kia well sorted....very good.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:34 am

Yes Sienna i have a few bities too that are itching.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:57 am

Looks like the mozzies (if thats what they were...lol)...don't bite men folk...Avis got home and started scratching on Monday as well....Funny that...
Good time was had by all and as Sienna says....pity more folk never came...The weather stayed fine & warm all weekend and yes...we did have a feed of fish from the ''''3'''' I caught...even if they were abit smaller than I had hoped to catch...Though if Titch & XB ...with every bite...yum....yum
Poodles new cooker smelt pretty good from where I was sitting....Might have to invest in one of them for when the Fire Bans are on.......We had to make do with a bbq....and ''Dessert'' washed down with a beer :beer
Any-one going to Tin Can Bay.....We can really recommend the local pub for a Special Friday nite meal....was the best value meal we have had for ages..(was also,,,,washed down with a beer... :beer )

I suggested to Poodle......Maybe the Heritage Camping ground out at Kenilworth next time ????? :grin: ..ONLY 90 mins drive from Brisbane..Pet friendly..excellent hosts good safe swiming,big as you want sites,and another great Pub close by :beer
Last edited by Rosco1 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:40 pm

I`m in, of course everyone else will have to fit into mine and Roscos roster.. :grin:
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:25 am

Looks like everyone had a great time.....

What's camping without beer Rosco????? Cheers :cheers

Well done Sienna that tarp looks amazing!!!!!!!!
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby sienna » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:48 pm

I had some help with the tarp. Though I am perfectly capable of doing it by myself, why would I knock back such wonderful helpers?!

Kenilworth sounds great. It's on my list of places to go. Bit closer to Bris is also good for those quick weekend getaways. Handy to have good reviews and be pet friendly. Shouldn't be too many bities either?

Rosco, the things that were biting me weren't mozzies. They were little back dots. I thought they were sandflies but I remember sandflies being a bit bigger than what was biting me. I'm still itching, 4/5days later. I should be putting on the anti itch stuff I have that actually works, a bit more often. My fault really. :roll:

Let us know when the next weekend off coincides for you both, PJ and Rosco. I'm guessing in the New year now? I'm off to Talle in 5wks. Can't wait.

Edit: Rosco, where exactly do you mean at Kenilworth? I put heritage into google and nothing with that name popped up. Are you talking about at the Homestead? Or Charlie Moreland etc?
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit-Chat