Hello again!!!!

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: Hello again!!!!

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:35 pm

You being an mechanic will most likely get you a job in the mines in WA (which pay very well).

I have a lot of friends in different trades that live on the east coast that have jobs in the WA mines and they fly in for there shift(not sure how long around 10 ten days) then fly home for 10 days. I think it would be a bit of a crazy lifestyle and definately not for me but if you are living in WA then that is a different story.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:12 am

Your a HARD lady XB,,,,,,The poor guy & his family are coming from the next best thing to ''Sibera''....and you want to send him out to ...Plus 50deg temps.....in that case Soren,,,,you won't need to bring a toaster,fry pan etc with you...you are going to be able to do your cooking...on the truck bonnet...lol (especially being ''black'')

:cheers
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:47 pm

O c'mon Rosco he can fly in and out from Perth.....

Harden up Princess..... :--?
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Soren G » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:00 am

Well,thanks for the tip XB and Rosco:I would rather die of heat exhaustion than to freeze off any valuable parts of my body...the coldest that I ever experienced here was -47°C with a windchill of -62°C (winter of 2007) and it was no fun at all :shock:
I suppose that there is a lot of mining going on in the outback? I´ve heard something about even to extend the mining because the demand for what ever is mined there is so great....what is mined in WA? :?:
Chers Gernod
Soren G
Camping Veteran

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:58 pm

O.M.G!!!! I hate the cold.....brrrrrrrr

WA mines a whole load of stuff ..... I found some info for you Gernod which may make it a little clearer.

http://www.about-australia.com/facts/western-australia/

http://jobsearch.careerone.com.au/Western-Australia+Mining-Oil-Gas_14?pg=4&sf=18.863

Although most jobs are wanting a white card (OH&S - Occupational Health & Safety card) & Australian recognised qualifications....so they may be things you also need to look into getting.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Previous

Return to General Chit-Chat