New camper

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

New camper

Postby Tracy S » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:59 pm

:hello: I am new to this site and trying to work it out :( HELP
I am going on my first camping trip with my kids and would love some tips on the MUST things to take camping. And great camping spots
Love some input into where to find cheap camping stuff .
And would love to make some new friends :grin:
I am from the Sunshine Coast Qld
Tracy S

Re: New camper

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:33 am

:hello: Hi Tracy and welcome to the forum..... :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+

What do you already have in the way of camping stuff? That would be the best way to start and then we can all add our two cents worth on what you NEED to take!!!

We have a lot of members in QLD and a group from this forum had a weekend at Tin Can Bay which wouldn't be that far from you!!!!! Some info on it here:

http://caravan-parks.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=6340&sid=d3a7e03d72c60d5396d8ac911681b230

Heaps of info on here and great people to chat, laugh & exchange ideas with on here.

It has been a bit quiet on here lately due to some changes to the forum....If you don't mind me asking how did you find us????? That way then we may be able to get some more traffic here and more new members which would be fantastic.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Soren G » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi Tracy and a VERY WELCOME :hello: :hello: :hello:
You will find very nice people in this forum and lots of help.I can´t really help you since we are not (yet) in Australia but still in Saskatchewan/Canada.
I hope you enjoy your time here and join the party permanently :beer
Chers Gernod
Soren G
Camping Veteran

Postby Rosco1 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:35 pm

Howdy Tracy,,,,,From all the way down in Strathpine...lol (was up your way today looking at Caravans)....

As old XB suggested.....Give us a little more info....ie

What vehicle will you be using,,,or towing with eg 4wd or ????...makes a difference where some of the holiday spots are that we can suggest.....plus
Tell us the things that you need.....then a list of what you want...(they are a completely different list...)

Do you prefer to be by the coasts or...inland.......Do you want to get involved in camp cooking ????etc

Will look forward to your lists

Cheers

Rosco
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:14 pm

OK I'm going to bite Rosco!!!! :cheers

Knock off the "old" bit....... Not looking forward to turning 44 this Xmas Day :cry: Getting way too close to the half century for my liking....
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:27 pm

xmasbaby67 wrote:
Knock off the "old" bit....... Not looking forward to turning 44 this Xmas Day :cry: Getting way too close to the half century for my liking....

Think ole Rosco is feeling it a tad, especially every time he looks in the mirror XB. Think it makes him feel a bit better if he shares the old/old feeling around a bit.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:53 pm

No I think its to get us girls to bite........

Anyone seen Titch on here lately......maybe Rosco is missing the banter. :cry:
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:06 pm

xmasbaby67 wrote:
Anyone seen Titch on here lately......

I was only thinking of Titch the other day when Rosco posted that funny about goD
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:15 pm

its to get us girls to bite

And a great bite it was XB......Ha,,,,,Now I know why your ole man wants to take you fishing....lol

Titch.......Is sick of getting ''mucked around'' trying to get on to this site now days.... :booty

He'll be back when they fellas upstairs fix the log in problems.
On that note.....I was logged in....and it said ''I WAS LOGGED IN''....BUT...I wasn't allowed to view any of the pics.

Bit weird I thought....so I logged out & tried again.....2nd time lucky.

WE MUST BE FRIGHTENING OFF PAST & POTENTIAL NEW MEMBERS........The runs on the board back us up here.
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:56 pm

Rosco1 wrote:Titch.......Is sick of getting ''mucked around'' trying to get on to this site now days.... :booty

Aren't we all??
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Tracy S » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:19 pm

:hello: :hello: :hello: and thnx for replying to my post guys :cheers I am looking forward to getting to know each and every one of u :grin: .

A friend from face book told me about Camping.com.au. I was looking to buy a few thing for camping and info about camping seeing this will be the first camping trip ever :o .......I really dont know what i am doing or where to begin :*** :*** :*** :*** ...

Ok a list of things i have already to camping ( First of all i have a family of 5... Hubby, myself, 2 sons 9 & 13 and little girl 7 )
8 men Tent (3 big rooms) , Mozzie tent i am going to use to eat in etc , 114 L esky , A few cooking pots & pans , sleeping bags , I just put a queen size blow up bed on laybuy , a small gass bbq and that it so far.....

I do need and if anyone is or knows of some one selling A big light to use when we r cooking so we arent walking around holding torches all the time.....3 single camping beds........please

I have a 4x4 ute i will be taking. I am open to idears on where to go. I would like to go inland a bit. I''ve lived on the coast all my life so inland would be somthing different. Thinking about going for 4 nights leaving xmas day after we open what santa brings ( if he comes this year I think i have been good enough :*** :*** :*** :*** . And maybe a camping spot with a shower or close to a creek Dam I dont think i could go with out a shower for 4 days :*** :*** . I was thinking Boolumba Creek its about 45 min drive from me.....But u need to book there and like always i leave everything to the last min I bet its all booked . :( :(
I only get 2 weeks off work over xmas so i am looking forward to the time off :beer :beer and more :beer resting and having a awesome camping trip with the family. :grin: .

I am still trying to work out how to use this site :? . I was told there is so much info on camping i just need to find it :lol: :lol: .

Thnx again guys for your help and input :+ :+ :+ :+
Tracy S

Postby Tracy S » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:50 pm

:hello: again I worked out how to use this site a bit YEAH YEAH :lol:

I seen a few awesome pix and read a bit on
Qld Borumba Deer park Imbil
Has anyone been there ????????

And Sherwood Forest ( open Camping Area )
anyone have any info about this one as well please ?????

I think these arent to far for me Nambour Sunshine Coast :)

:cheers Tracy :)
Tracy S

Postby Drax » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:55 pm

Hi Tracy,
For lighting I like to use a miners lamp.
That's just a torch that sits on your head. The result is that your hands are free and there is always a light no matter where you look. Just perfect for cooking and looking thru your bags late at night.
Drax
Boy Scout

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:45 pm

Well done Tracy!!!!!! :+ :+ :+ :+

Can't help you with locations......too far south me....

But we also have three kids, a son 19yo who left home this year :cry: , and two girls 13 & 16. We also only get two weeks off every Xmas when we close up so if we go away I usually have to book in May to get in if we are staying in a CP or near water anywhere.

We have 3 laterns (all Coleman) that we use and also a strip led that plugs into the dual battery in the Prado.... we also have a couple of led ufo lights that are pretty good too. I also just bought a clip on led light that I attach to the kitchen of the camper trailer and it throws some good light.

Our kids all have their own swags that Santa bought 3 years ago which eliminates bedding stuff for them as it's all in there. Also good for spare beds when visitors come.

Good camp chairs are always a must.

We have two butane stoves that we use instead of lugging a gas bottle around and have just bought a U-Bute dual butane bbq so looking forward to seeing how that goes.

First aid kit is also a must with mozzie repellant in it.

I think there is a list of stuff (basic camping) but not sure where, when I find it I will post it up if someone doesnt find it before me, Gypsy may know where it is.....

The QLDers will be able to fill you in more on the locations.

Look forward to hearing how it all goes. We are not going away this Xmas but staying home to get some jobs done and will probably end up doing nothing but admiring the view and drinking and talking.....heehee.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:07 pm

Hi Tracy....have a look in this folder and you will find heaps of camping places in Qld and in particular SEQ. viewforum.php?f=110

For lighting when cooking I'd personally look for something in the 12 volt LED range.

I'd also be checking out the local garage sales for cooking, crockery, cutlery, bedding, towels and camping items in general. It is amazing what you will find there.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to General Chit-Chat