Beach Campsites in Vic

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Beach Campsites in Vic

Postby Darren C » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:26 pm

Hi everyone, my name's Darren and I'm new to this forum.
Ive been looking for a campsite close to the beach anywhere around coastal Victoria. Ideally I'm hoping to find something that's quiet and has toilets and is a decent fishing spot also. I'm looking at going in the next few weeks but I'm guessing I will have to book now or probably earlier.

Thanks heaps, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Darren C

Re: Beach Campsites in Vic

Postby Paul M1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:16 pm

Not sure where abouts you are but towards the nsw border you have lakes entrance camped there years ago was a great place in the other direction towards sa you have warrnambool camped there 1 sandhill away from the beach ther is also some river fishing got some brown trout there rosebud is nice great fishing in the bay again depends on wher you are and what direction you want to go

hope this helps

cheers :beer

Morgo
Morgo
Paul M1
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:28 pm

Darren C wrote:Hi everyone, my name's Darren and I'm new to this forum.
Ive been looking for a campsite close to the beach anywhere around coastal Victoria. .

Hi Darren and WELCOME to our forum.

Might be an idea to be a little more specific with your location. Have you also looked in our Parks and Recreation Areas Reviews for Victoria. viewforum.php?f=112

You may well find something in there that meets your requirements.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Bradd » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:33 pm

This time of year Coastal and Quiet don't really go together.

Victoria might be a small state but are you really considering the whole coastline as possible camping location ?

Lakes Entrance & Warrnambool would have to be two of the more crowded / touristy places in Vic during summer.
Can you narrow it down to East or West of Melbourne ?
Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations.
When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong. ~George Carlin
Bradd
Camping Oracle

Return to Camping Tips and Locations