Campsites with fires (Vic)

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Campsites with fires (Vic)

Postby JoM » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:26 am

:hello:

I am looking for some suggestions regarding a campsite that allows us to have a campfire as that is what we rely on for cooking. Not fussed on bush or coastal but would also love it to have a water source (river, lake/dam, beach, etc)

Sorry if I am a lil' fussy but looking forward to reading some of your GREAT suggestions....

JoM
JoM

Re: Campsites with fires (Vic)

Postby Bradd » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:29 pm

There are plenty ( other than Total Fire Ban days of course)
Could you please be a little more specific about area, or do you truly mean anywhere in the while state

Are you looking for free camp spots , national / state parks / caravan parks ?

You will find few will answer vague questions, the more specific you are the better chance of getting answers
Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations.
When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong. ~George Carlin
Bradd
Camping Oracle

Re: Campsites with fires (Vic)

Postby Komodo » Tue May 01, 2012 7:35 pm

Grampians, Central Vic, High Country, Gippsland etc etc.

Pretty much everywhere you can bush camp you can have a camp fire. Normally contained in a constructed fireplace or in a pre existing firepit.

2wd access and dog friendly within say 2 hours of melbourne might limit your options but you've been so vague I dont even know if any of those restrictions apply to make suggestions.
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to General Chit-Chat