Tear Aid Repair Kit

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Tear Aid Repair Kit

Postby Wrecksie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:19 am

Good morning

anyone know where I can buy a product called Tear Aid Type A Repair Kit in Brisbane? Seems there could be a few places interstate but have not found anyone yet stocking it in Brisbane

if anyone knows - would appreciate you letting me know

thanks

Wrecksie
Wrecksie
Captain Camping

Re: Tear Aid Repair Kit

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:33 pm

Never heard of it....what is it for??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby John G » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:07 am

http://www.tear-aid.com/

http://liquidcontainment.com.au/cartpag ... pair-Patch u can online order it from them.

It used for almost all rip repairs.. used one of the type b (for vinyl) ones ages ago and its still intact.
John G
Camping King

Postby Wrecksie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:15 pm

Hi again

i found this stuff on the internet while looking for a method to repair a few small holes on the canvas of a Golf Tourer wind up camper we have just bought. Was trying to avoid pulling the whole thing apart or patching with another bit of canvas that would stand out. The product looks great. There are videos on You tube about it too if anyone wants to check it out further.
I did not end up finding what I wanted in Brisbane but spoke to Ken Majors in Sth Aust and they were really helpful and are posting a repair kit for me for $18 Inc postage which is not bad compared to what it would cost to do other types of repairs.

as for the camper itself - very excited - have bought it off one of my staff's brother - and getting an absolute bargain. Its an oldie but has everything we want including a full annex (and marine carpet for the slab) , end covers and another awning for the other side. Its in great condition and the canvas (apart from the couple of little holes) is just great. Inside its really good (and we have seen many shockers in recent weeks since we started looking for double the price we are paying) and very tidy
Hopfully we will pick it up Friday night or Saturday. Looking forward to giving it a clean up and working out when we can give it a test run.
After many years of camping in a tent this will be a bit of luxury for us. looking forward to lots of new adventures

Wrecksie
Wrecksie
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:15 pm

We want pics wrecksie....don't forget the pics.....and CONGRATULATIONS on the new arrival.

Don't forget you have to spend your first night in it , even if it is on the front lawn......ha, ha
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Wrecksie » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:39 pm

thank you and yes can't wait to pick it up on the weekend and spend a night in it

photos coming soon

Wrecksie
Wrecksie
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:26 pm

Looking forward to seeing them Wrecksie
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Wrecksie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:24 pm

well what a busy couple of weeks we have had since picking up the camper. Since arriving home we have stripped it bare and gave everything a good clean (it has hardly been used in the past 5 years so everything was a bit grubby). Have washed and scrubbed everything we could (including flushing out the water tank) and have been quite happy how the old beast has come up.
Have re-waterproofed all the canvas inside and out too which took awhile but thanks to the wet Brissie weather lately it has been helpful to ensuring I got in all the right spots and am happy to say its worked just great through last nights storm. Once we get away we will have the bed flys and sides up so what little may get a bit damp now shouldn't be a problem then.
Have also learnt a lesson on how tempermental 3 way fridges can be with needing to be perfectly level to work even on 240. Its not working great but its ok. Unfortunately gas is another story. Got it fired up last weekend only to discover the noxious fumes it was putting out inside just makes it impossible to use. Apparently these older models were not too good with that sort of thing and theres no way we would dare sleep in it with the fridge going on gas so looks like we will not be using that.

The cost of replacing it is out of our budget at this stage but am wondering if we just replace it with a normal bar fridge working on 240. We have a portable 3 way that works great on gas (an Aldi special) so we could always use that. Anyway thats still on the To Do List

and yes Gypsy I have spent a night in it (in the front yard )- wasn't too bad except the mattress could be a bit thicker but have now added a small self inflating mattress under it to add that little bit of extra padding without impacting the height of the mattress too much.

Amongst the many things we have done I have also added a small 12v battery and rigged up some lights which will work out good for us at least at Easter when we don't have power. The wife has already stocked the cupboards so we're looking good.

The van has over ride brakes and we need to replace the latch you flick over when reversing (another job on the To Do list) . Anyway thats a job relegated to the father in law to give him something to do :)
This weekend we're heading to the cousins place as they have a big backyard and putting the whole kit up - annexes and all. Don't want to get any surprises at Easter and to make sure we have all the bits and pieces we need. Will remember to get some photos for posting then.
anyway thats our story so far. Looking forward to getting it on the road and doing some real camping in it soon

Wrecksie
Wrecksie
Captain Camping

Postby Wrecksie » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:47 pm

Does anyone know of an Auto Wreckers for Caravans/campers in Brisbane?

Have tried several around my area and no one seems to know. So would appreciate if anyone knows of any

Thanks
Wrecksie
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:53 pm

Sorry, can't help with the wreckers but still waiting for the pix.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to General Chit-Chat