Water tank for a Ute

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Water tank for a Ute

Postby Lockyer » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:43 am

I have a back problem and have been told I am never to lift anything from below my waist and nothing heavier then 1 kg above my waist, so our 2 x 20 ltr water containers are now a no go area for me, I used happily fill them and load them onto the ute :armsup

So I need to replace them with something and came across this http://www.campingbug.com.au/40-Litre-D ... -Tank.html and would like to know if anyone has used one/owned one etc etc
A review would be nice, I'm thinking it could be setup next to my LPG tank and will take a hose along to fill and would have to think how to drain/use. :#

Cheers
Lawrence
You don't have to live forever.....you just have to live.
Lockyer
Camping Veteran

Re: Water tank for a Ute

Postby Woodsy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:14 pm

a mate got a plumber to plumb up his hilux ute, the water piping runs along the chassis rails both sides under the tray, it goes up to the front of the tray for the fill point and the tap is where the numberplate sits, he keeps it full as it makes the ute more stable cornering but as he is a mechanic he uses it to wash his hands on breakdowns etc.

Its drinkable water as its just household plumbing. I would want a lockable filler though.

Cost him nothing as the plumber was a customer / mate.
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Re: Water tank for a Ute

Postby Lockyer » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:11 am

Woodsy wrote:a mate got a plumber to plumb up his hilux ute, the water piping runs along the chassis rails both sides under the tray, it goes up to the front of the tray for the fill point and the tap is where the numberplate sits,

I thought about doing the same and the only issue problem for me is my back I'm not allowed to bend and my ute is a 2wd so alittle lower then a 4wd plus with my back issue I most likely wouldn't be able to fit it myself - well not for the next 6 months anyway :(

Thanks for the idea :+

Cheers
Lawrence
You don't have to live forever.....you just have to live.
Lockyer
Camping Veteran

Return to Gear Guide