Portaloo

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Portaloo

Postby Lockyer » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:26 am

What is the receipe using/mixing nappisan in a portaloo

Cheers
Lawrence
You don't have to live forever.....you just have to live.
Lockyer
Camping Veteran

Re: Portaloo

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:26 pm

It is the GENERIC nappy soaker that you should use rather than the branded product Lawrence, Coles or Woolies. The 3 kg container from WW is about the cheapest way to buy it.

I dissolve a good cap full in about half a lite of warm water in the first instance and put it into the lower cassette. I also use the nappy soaker to refresh the bowl...sprinkle a bit in and fill to the top of any marks on the bowl and let sit for as long as possible.

You can also add another tablespoon of soaker each day for times when the loo has heavy use or the weather is hot.

If you use the search function up the top right of your screen you will find quite a bit written on the subject.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Lockyer » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:46 am

Thank you for that GL, will do a search shortly - the little lady shops at Aldi so I wonder if they have "knock off"

Cheers
Lawrence
You don't have to live forever.....you just have to live.
Lockyer
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:17 pm

Lockyer wrote:Thank you for that GL, will do a search shortly - the little lady shops at Aldi so I wonder if they have "knock off"

Cheers

It's not as good Lawrence, does not have the same sodium percarbonate content which is the active ingredient and no cheaper than the WW 3kg container at about 8 bucks.

Normally I don't have a problem with Aldi products, but this is one that is not quite up to the same standard.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:25 pm

I used my portaloo for the first time last weekend and love it ,using Gypsys recipe the only thing i did do was also add a bit of dish washing liquid in the flush tank this kept it clean with each flush as the little flush doesn`t always move around the whole bowl. I do only use it for #1 when possible though.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to General Chit-Chat