LPG Prices skyrocket...

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

LPG Prices skyrocket...

Postby Lockyer » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:20 pm

Went pass a servo a couple of days back and their price for gas was 91.9c ltr ::() and I thought they're made a mistake, until I well out today (had to go to Brisbane) and went to fill up the gas and it was 85.6c ltr, it was only a few months ago we were paying 57.9c ltr.

They claim it should should start going down again in April....please don't hold your breath. :roll:

Cheers Lawrence
Lawrence
You don't have to live forever.....you just have to live.
Lockyer
Camping Veteran

Re: LPG Prices skyrocket...

Postby Rosco1 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:12 pm

Your talking to one VERY :x angry guy here Lockyer......
The averave price North of the river is 79.9c ltr...Down South last week I was paying upto...'''99c ltr''...Bloody theives.....especially when they are selling the gas to Singapore for .06c ltr from Roma here in Qld....they are re-fining it and selling it back to us for .28c ltr.......HELLO....Who's making the bucks here ????,,,just how much tax are we paying ???? and how big a margin are the Servo's putting on it ????.......
Best price we got was about 20km our side of Toowoomba where we paid .71c ltr..... :booty
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Dunno why it keeps going up but it's driving me nuts. I do close to 900ks a week, last year I bought a ute on gas to save some dollars and while it's paid itself off since then its getting close to being more cost effective to take my Landcruiser to work!! :shock:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Rosco1 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:11 pm

Your dead right there ''OB''......With petrol vrs lpg....and taking into a/c the fact that I get nearly twice the km's out of petrol compared with LPG....IT IS NOW CHEAPER TO RUN ON PETROL..... :booty .

Plus......don't forget by the end of this year (if you live in Qld).....the balance of the subsidy on LPG
(.13c ltr)....is coming off......Theres ya ''buck'' a ltr...
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:46 am

I just got ''madder'' coming to work to-nite.......The swines at the Shell Nudgee servo are now charging ''89.9''c ltr...WOOW....thats now over $1 ltr....with-out the subsidy......

Wheres Kevin 7/47 when you need him ??????....Think Beers cheaper now !!!!!!!!! :beer
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Lockyer » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:16 am

My neighbour just popped over and let me know the gas price at our local servo has dropped..... :+

went from 86.6c down to....wait for it....85.9c :cheers

Hold me back I need to go fill up.....not!

Cheers
Lawrence
Lockyer
Camping Veteran

Postby Lockyer » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:18 am

LPG price at Bam Bam Springs........$1.04ltr ::()

0.99c elsewhere

Cheers
Lawrence
Lockyer
Camping Veteran

Postby Rosco1 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:39 pm

please use the link I have provided and make an official complaint thru your local member, the more people that complain the better :)

http://australia.gov.au/directories/contact-parliament

Contact parliament - australia.gov.au
australia.gov.au
You can search for your local member by name, postcode or electorate. Click on their name to find their Parliament House and electorate office contact details.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Not sure why but....Down South they are presently paying around the 50c ish mark...
Up here in Qld (around Brisbane that is)...we are still paying 67...68c......
Time to complain to the post above link

Servos & the Local Govt are ripping us off big time

:beer
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to General Chit-Chat