New Member Info

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

New Member Info

Postby Rosco1 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:24 am

Maybe when joining the forum New Members could fill in an Info sheet something like this--

User name--
Real name --(not compulsary ...even if its just their 1st names)
Hometown--
State....
Age Bracket--
Type of camper i.e....Tenter,camper trailer caravaner motorhomer etc
Type of Vehicle......
A little bit about your camping history.............................................
............................................................................................./

This then goes in the 'Intoduction' area after being accepted.
Just a thought so that we will have a better knowledge of whose who & where they come from...
Would also help for when 'Newbies' ask questions...and being in a position to offer better advice.

:cheers
Rosco
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: New Member Info

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:28 am

New members are not vetted as such Rosco and personally I think if they had to answer all those questions we'd lose them before we got them. Remember this is a public forum.

I would like to see members give a general location as to their whereabouts.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:53 am

Gypsy...... ''GENERAL'' description is all that I was meaning....Not asking for birth certificates or anything like that......And I beleive that if they are gunna be '' particapating members''...then I'm sure that most people / campers, would understand that the questions are there to help them.....
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:05 am

On that note...and to 'Strenghten' my suggestion.....I went to another area to check on something I have been interested in....and what do I find ????????????????????

Re: Call Corelly today for all types of building maintenance.
by GypsyLady » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:33 am

Might be an idea Paul C if you gave us some idea of your location!!

A great example where.......if the new member had included their 'location' in their introduction,,,,your question would have been answerd,,,,or better still....you could have got straight into offering your help !!!!!!

:+
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Tahlee R » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:25 pm

Rosco1 wrote:Maybe when joining the forum New Members could fill in an Info sheet something like this--

User name--
Real name --(not compulsary ...even if its just their 1st names)
Hometown--
State....
Age Bracket--
Type of camper i.e....Tenter,camper trailer caravaner motorhomer etc
Type of Vehicle......
A little bit about your camping history.............................................
............................................................................................./

This then goes in the 'Intoduction' area after being accepted.
Just a thought so that we will have a better knowledge of whose who & where they come from...
Would also help for when 'Newbies' ask questions...and being in a position to offer better advice.

:cheers
Rosco

This does make sense and it's not all that obtrusive. It would be their choice whether they answer all questions or not.
Tahlee R
Captain Camping

Postby mytribe » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:39 pm

A lot of websites I've been a member of have had something similar, it may not be when they first join but in an ongoing "who are we" type of thing.

I don't find it intrusive at all, infact in this circumstance it can be quite helpful seeing if people are in the same area as you, same demographic, have the same interests or the same type of camping experience.
Me,DH and 6 freeloading midgets..plus the furry animals
mytribe
Post Machine!

Postby Kristy S » Thu May 12, 2011 7:53 pm

I like this idea. Give people who are not used to forums a hint for what info people like to share. But they also don't have to if they don't want to, or they can just answer what they want. No matter what you suggest there will be those that come for what info they want and then you'll never hear from them again, and then there will be those who come hoping to get alot out of it over time (like me :-) )
As soon as I have downloads on my computer I will do it :-)
Kristy S

Postby sandra s » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:58 pm

I am a newbie as of tonight and would happily answer those questions:)
sandra s

Postby Rosco1 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:29 pm

THATS GREAT SANDRA......Ha......for this time,,,,,,you have to make up your own questioneer to fill in...lol

:beer :beer :beer
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Introductions: