Newbie from Brissy

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Newbie from Brissy

Postby Michelle S » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:47 pm

Hi Everyone.

Ive joined your forum today after getting home from our first (not since i was a kid) camping experience as parents of a 3 year old. We stayed at Queen Mary falls and i have to say, I have the camping bug!!!!!

So here I am, Hopefully to learn as I read and get some ideas on where, how,when and what to do next :grin:

We felt a little out of our depth on the first night, Our little one was saying "i want to go home" it was FREEZING and our tent was the smallest, plainest one in the park haha. Looking around the park I now have a wish list as long as my arm :grin: but how much is too much? By the second night, we were ALL having a great time and it was a shame to come home today.

This trip was a mere 2 nights, But the next will be a few more im sure.

So anyways, :hello: and i look forward to reading more.

Mish
Michelle S

Re: Newbie from Brissy

Postby Lockyer » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:02 am

Hi Mish

And welcome to the forum, most of the members are away still on there Easter breaks, my wife and I on the other hand had our long weekend last weekend. There is some great info in the forum and some top picture's as well, we all love reading trip reports and as I haven't been to or camp at Queen Mary Falls - I'm hoping to read your report on the place soon.

Need help with anything just let us know

Cheers :hello:
Lawrence
You don't have to live forever.....you just have to live.
Lockyer
Camping Veteran

Re: Newbie from Brissy

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:38 pm

Hi Mish....WELCOME to our forum. Lots of great info, stories and adventures shared here over time for you to read about when you have some time.

I can totally understand you being bitten by the camping bug....most of us here suffer from the same affliction.....LOL

I personally have just had 10 days camping and found it really hard to come home myself so completely understand how you feel.

Your question 'how much is too much'...is a question only you can answer. Take your time in building up your camping items, add them bit by bit. Make a list of everything you'd like and then prioritise it.

Check out garage sales etc for camping bits and pieces....watch for specials in catalogues and keep in mind the caravan and camping show at the RNA grounds in June this year.

Never be concerned about asking a dumb question.....the only dumb question is the one not asked.

BTW.....I find the best thing for me after I return from a cmap is to start planning the next one!!

Another good tip is to get yourself an exercise book and make it your Camping Requirements Book....write everything in it you need to pack and take with you, make it a reference book. You can also make notes of places to camp as well..........I had one for about 15 years.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Introductions: