Help B Double Needed

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Help B Double Needed

Postby Mandy B » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:26 pm

Hi All,
Just about finished packing everything for the trip. Don't know how its all going to fit in the 4b. Need both summer and winter clothes, food, cooking gear,stove, tables, bedding, tent, tarp, laptop, camera, spare tyres x 3, chairs, first aid box, wood (for camp fire at Inskip) think we have everything, water containers, diesal contains (for up the cape) will fill up in Cairns or Cooktown. Have I forgotten anything?
Cheers
Mandy & Wayne
Mandy B
Boy Scout

Re: Help B Double Needed

Postby Mandy B » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Forgot to mention the solar panels. :***
Mandy B
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:59 pm

Mandy....you will not need too much in the way of winter clothes in the north.....so you may be able to reduce a little there.

I suggest maybe a couple pair of jeans, warm jacket and perhaps a trackie.

Re food.....you can buy supplies along the way as well. All the major towns have supermarkets, so carry enough to get you from here to there is all you need.

Don't forget food, tick/flea control etc for Heidi.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Mandy B » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:52 pm

We will be needing winter woollies. We are planning on being out around Birdsviile in August. Had a look at the temp at Birdsville in August and much the same as home, which can be pretty cold in winter. Have pack all of Heidi's requirements including her winter jacket. Giving her a bath on Sunday should keep her going for a few weeks. Will post a pic of the 4b when its all loaded up.
Mandy
Mandy B
Boy Scout

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:26 am

Hi Mandy...1st thing I noticed was ...''No Beer'' mentioned...lol,,,,Serious though...What will you be using for refrigeration for your food & drinks ???

Plus

When Gypsy mentioned

[color=#FF0000]''Don't forget food, tick/flea control etc for Heidi.''.....
When we are away we do ''Tick'' checks every day..even twice aday in some places..And don't forget that the Ticks change around 60km ish from the sea.

Cheers

Rosco
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Mandy B » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Hi Rosco, Dont worry about room for the beer Wayne has made sure theres room. :beer We have a waeco 40lt fridge to keep things cold it even has its own batterey in the back of 4b, we have a duel battery system under the bonnet and the 3rd battery in the back we have an anderson plug on the fridge for a better connection. I go over Heidi for ticks every day whether we are home or away. We live in the middle of a cattle property so have to keep a good eye on her.
Only 2 more sleeps to go LOL.
Mandy
Mandy B
Boy Scout

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:38 pm

Well thats all the important ''stuff'' packed...lol........gets abit expensive in the out-back so...pays to top up when you get to the bigger centres....
Dumb thing,,,,We will be taking our caravan....leaving the camper trailer (and our bus...lol)...parked up doing nothing....they have plenty of storage under them as well.....
I have only packed our outside table & chairs....solar panels & generator in our 4wd...plus of coarse....Bailies bed (she hates travelling in there now that they have brought in the law that pets must have restraints on....she used to luv coming up front & sleeping on Mums knee)
Enjoy your trip and keep in touch...
Cheers
Rosco
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Mandy B » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:56 pm

You sound like you are all organised Rosco. We have the roof rack packed up only the inside the car stuff now. Heidi has always travelled behind the drivers seat on the floor, when the back seats are folded down she doesnt have a lot of room LOL thank God she is only a small dog. I'll keep in touch on our travels has long as I have got reception for the lap top I am expecting a lot of places not to have reception. So till next time
Mandy & Wayne.
Mandy B
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:47 pm

Good, we look forward to your trip reports Mandy....we can all become armchair travelers.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:39 pm

Wonder how Mandy & Wayne are travelling??????? :beer

Looking forward to their first trip report... :armsup
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:33 pm

Yes, I was just thinking about them too and wondering the same thing XB.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:03 pm

HELLO MANDY...WHERE ARE YOU ??????????????????????????
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to General Chit-Chat