setup questions x 500

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

setup questions x 500

Postby reef » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:22 pm

Hi I've upgraded myself from Introductions over to here to ask all my questions. First question of 500 - Seeing I am going to 240v it for a few trips - what sort of lights do I get - I know about 12v ( planning on getting the torpedo lights x 2) but not about 240v and camping. I am not really into gas lighting. And is a yellow glow like the torpedo lights better - what does everyone use and how much brightness do I need in and out seeing I have kids and what do you turn on at night eg to settle kids back to sleep with out blinding everyone !
Beach, Surf, Family and Fun - pure bliss
reef
Captain Camping

Postby Derek Bullock » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:33 am

Why look at both 240 and 12 volt ...............

I know you love bush camping and thats what I expect you will eventually do so why not set up for 12 volt. You can always use 12 volt in a van park.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Blue Bravo » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:56 pm

If spending most of your time in parks and on power go with 240 volt lights as you can take you normal appliances - toaster, jug etc. If staying off power then 240 volt is not an option and 12 volt is the way to go but it can become pricey to make sure you have enogh power ie extra battery or generator etc. :)
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to Camping Tips and Locations