Trip in June

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Trip in June

Postby Paul M1 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:51 am

The company i work for will be shut for some installation work in June so a few of us are going down through Vic to see the Apostles then back up through Ballarat, Mildura, Hay then Junee then home.

Current plans are depart Sydney 19th then Holbrook motor village for the night Travel to Sheparton to see the SPC playground and have 9 holes of golf, down to Seymour goulburn river tourist park for the night 20th.
Next day to Skenes creek caravan park overnight then off to see the apostles then up to Ballarat big 4 welcome stranger for the 22nd 23rd and 24th up through Mildura to Gol Gol river gardens tourist park stay 25th then Hay top tourist park 26th on to Junee caravan park 27th and 28th. Back to Sydney and work 29th.

More than happy to have a chat and drink with any one at any of our stop overs also any suggested things to see or do. I know it is rushed but anything on the road is better than home. we will be in Hiace camper a 4wd with camper and another 4wd with van. on UHF call signs Morgo, Ronny Wombat or Possum.

cheers :beer
Morgo
Morgo
Paul M1
Camping King

Re: Trip in June

Postby Paul M1 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:36 am

sorry Hay top tourist park 26th should be Hay Plains Big4 Tourist Park
Morgo
Paul M1
Camping King

Postby Lockyer » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:40 pm

Sounds like a well thought out trip, just remember to pack your woolies it gets cold in them neck of the woods :)

Cheers
Lawrence
You don't have to live forever.....you just have to live.
Lockyer
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:10 pm

What a great trip you have planned there Paul....sounds great. Don't forget the camera.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Paul M1 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:34 pm

Well we're home now and back at work had a great time the showers probably helped us from freezing only ice we encountered was at Holbrook the first morning.
holbrook.jpg

Went next to Glenrowan a great place to look around then Shepparton and saw the SPC Kidstown a truly great gesture from the local businesses and worth a look at if you are in the area, a definite must if you have kids with you, it is free but asks for gold coin donation is manned by volunteers.
Kidstown.jpg

Next was Geelong then The Great Ocean Road and what is left of the Twelve Apostles The romour is that as the road gets devoured by the ocean (and the edge is very close in some places) it will not be repaired. I hope this is not the case as it is such a breathtaking drive.
goroad.jpg

van.jpg

apostle.jpg

Ballarat was sunny but cold Fri when we arrived and Sat we went to sovereign Hill we did the night light show it was very good but I was expecting more of a human show not just lights and felt a little let down has anyone else been to the show what did you think ?
last stop was Junee top tourist park great place friendly good amenities right down to floor mats in the showers a nice touch on those cold days.
Had a ball
We are now planning a Lightening Ridge via Condobolin trip this time next year possibly 4 weeks
a little warmer I hope
any suggested sights or places to stay would be greatly appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Morgo
Paul M1
Camping King

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:58 am

Great report Paul. :armsup

We have been to the SPC kids park in Shepparton a couple of years back and the kids (and adults) loved it.

Great to hear about the great park in Junee!! We lived there for 9 months back in 1999. Nice little town.

We would like to visit Sovereign Hill one day soon, how did you find it during the day? We also have been to a light show similar to SH at the Pioneer Settlement in Swan Hill and I think it would definately be a better show with real people involved and not just lights and recorded voices. The Pioneer Settlement itself at Swan Hill was fantastic and we spent two days looking around. The kids loved the Horse & Carriage rides, Blacksmith and the little store with all the musical instruments in it.

We are also hopefully off to Lightning Ridge but for the Long weekend in October, so will post a report for you. Really looking forward to it as it looks like a great and interesting place. :cheers
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:02 pm

Lightning Ridge will be getting a tad warm in October but I am sure you will still enjoy it XB. I must say I am very pleased to see you back on the forum.....you have been missed.

Paul
Great trip report, very sad to hear the possibility that GOR will not be repaired in future times, if in fact the rumours end up being true.

Looks like you had a great trip.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:06 pm

Thanks Gypsy xxx

It's only late September early October so it (the heat) won't be too unbearable. Its really chilly here today so any warmth will be more than welcome.

Its good to be back.....starting to get a tad more traffic on the forum. Great to see a lot of new members. :armsup
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Paul M1 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:38 pm

XB we did the daytime tour at Soveriegn Hill and it was a very big day...so much to see so little time.
we did the underground mine tour it was great all the old metal workshops and the trams into the mine run off steam it was fascinating to see also names like ingersol rand way back in the 1800's obviously some companies are open to change. you can pan for gold or just buy a sample One of my mates neices work there and said they put a small nugget in the panning creek each day. So happy panning.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Morgo
Paul M1
Camping King

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:34 pm

Thanks for that Paul. It looks like a great spot. :armsup
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Camping Tips and Locations