Camper Trailer Groups/Clubs.

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Camper Trailer Groups/Clubs.

Postby jollyroger » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:42 pm

Has anyone heard of or seen of any Camper Trailer Clubs or groups in OZ?
Especially in SA. If not would it be worth getting one going oz wide or on a state basis?

JR :armsup :?#
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby Scolers » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:50 pm

Try this ...

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/cam ... =206105915

Quite a lot of topics and make sure to 'search' before you ask questions ... but besides that not a bad group ... bit too technical for me tho' ... I have a major disability ... I'm not mechanicaly minded.

:beer

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby freerocketman1 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:04 pm

i have to agree with you scolers they are very technical for me too,but if you cant find any info in the posts you just need to ask & they are more than welcom to help.[just need to try and understand what they are saying though] :?
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby jollyroger » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:19 pm

Not quite what I'm after. Was thinking more along the lines of a 4WD Club where people get together and organise trips.

I don't wanna chat online about them. I have one (CT) and I just wanna use it and use it often. I have looked at 4WD clubs and they (no offense if you are in one) but a little stuffy for me. We have kids and I love a drink and the old expletive deletive can fly every now and then. I want to organise a genuine group of like minded people and possibly same age to travel on a (in a) convoy somewhere or set up and national group. Nahh too hard for that.......

Come if you live in SA and have a Camper Trailer and want to meet others and want to use - Get on board! Hang on I need another Chardy!
Back soon................ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby Scolers » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:04 pm

Hmmm ... I see what you're after now ... sorry I can't help ... we have a great group here in W.A. (try my web icon) ... BUT I am sure there would be a few ppl from S.A. on the site I mentioned who would guide you to a group you're after OR invite you on a trip themselves!

Hope this helps.

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby freerocketman1 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:55 pm

i wish there was one of them clubs in brissy,especialy one that doesnt cost anything.
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby Scolers » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:07 pm

freerocketman1 wrote:i wish there was one of them clubs in brissy,especialy one that doesnt cost anything.

Maybe there's a web site and the memebrs organise their own trips etc. We have one in WA ... cost is zilch and we go away with quite a few of them from time to time.

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby TwistedTania » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:47 am

WE don't have a camping trailer , just tents , but would be interested in camping with others. Prefer a more relaxed group . Two adults and a teenage daughter.

TwistedTania
TwistedTania

Postby mytribe » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:34 am

Jolly, if we lived in S.A we'd come camping with you :grin:

I think I'd like another group of people to go camping with as well, but then our kids are a bit on the feral side and would probably drive them up the wall :***
mytribe
Post Machine!

Postby Fonty » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:07 am

Another group? What did you do with the last group you went camping with??? ::()
Fonty
Camping Veteran

Postby mytribe » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:27 am

Ha Fonty, we've never actually gone camping with anyone else.

Don't know anyone who actually does camping with out all the mod cons, most of our friends think that staying in a caravan park in a cabin is doing it tough :***
mytribe
Post Machine!

Postby Fonty » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:48 pm

They should try living in one for three months with two children. :lol:

That's my aim too with the kids. I used to just have a sleeping bag under a fly if it was wet, or slept under the stars when I could. We just need to get out more and get more efficient, minimising what we take not taking more stuff(next time I don't think I'll even take the espresso machine).

The trouble is making the time to get out. :) I really want to get out in these holidays but I'm still yet to nail down even one night to get away on yet... I'm determined though!
Fonty
Camping Veteran

Postby jollyroger » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:37 pm

How about this for an idea.

Organise a central point in Australia somewhere that is as close to equal travel distance for everyone in this forum to to get together.
Plan a date that is at least 12 months ahead to give everyone time to organise and book holidays. It could only be for a week or a few days.
Leave it out there for you to mull over.

Don't worry I have two kids and a dog so don't worry if you think your kids are too feral. I know a couple that invented the term feral kids.
It would take a lot to surprise me.
:beer
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby Fonty » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:54 pm

Sign me up for that one. I'll be in it.

/me gets his ruler out and works out the distances.
Fonty
Camping Veteran

Postby jollyroger » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:15 pm

This is open for debate but with my calculations a central point for everyone would be either the following.

Alice Springs, Uluru, Coober Pedy, Marla, Glendambo or Ceduna.
One other idea would Nullabor. But would be too far for QLDers.

Let me know what you think would be central to you and others.

JR
::()
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Next

Return to Groups & Activities