Petition For Site Upgrade

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Petition For Site Upgrade

Postby Woodsy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:44 pm

Okay we have all had enough of the broken forum and lack of forum visitors, we can all agree that things need to be fixed in order to keep the site alive and the reason we dont get any visitors is because of how hard it is to find the forum and how user unfriendly the forum has become.

Business's choose not to advertise here because of the above reasons and this can be turned around with afew modifications to the site. I used to tell people about the forum but i choose not to now because of how it currently is.

Things need to change so put your user name down here and we will forward it onto the site owner in afew weeks with ideas and give him / her the choice to either fix it, hand the keys over to someone else who will fix it or watch the forum die and other forums take its place.

If the owner does read this, it is in not meant in a harsh way, we are trying to tell you that we like using this site and want it to grow. Not blend into the back ground like it is.

* Woodsy
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Re: Petition For Site Upgrade

Postby Lockyer » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:46 pm

Woodsy wrote:Okay we have all had enough of the broken forum and lack of forum visitors, we can all agree that things need to be fixed in order to keep the site alive and the reason we dont get any visitors is because of how hard it is to find the forum and how user unfriendly the forum has become.

Business's choose not to advertise here because of the above reasons and this can be turned around with afew modifications to the site. I used to tell people about the forum but i choose not to now because of how it currently is.

Things need to change so put your user name down here and we will forward it onto the site owner in afew weeks with ideas and give him / her the choice to either fix it, hand the keys over to someone else who will fix it or watch the forum die and other forums take its place.

If the owner does read this, it is in not meant in a harsh way, we are trying to tell you that we like using this site and want it to grow. Not blend into the back ground like it is.

* Woodsy
*Lockyer
Lawrence
You don't have to live forever.....you just have to live.
Lockyer
Camping Veteran

Postby Woodsy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:42 pm

6 views, 2 names... come on people.
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Postby Paul M1 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:50 pm

Lockyer wrote:
Woodsy wrote:Okay we have all had enough of the broken forum and lack of forum visitors, we can all agree that things need to be fixed in order to keep the site alive and the reason we dont get any visitors is because of how hard it is to find the forum and how user unfriendly the forum has become.

* Woodsy
*Lockyer
*Morgo
*GypsyLady
Morgo
Paul M1
Camping King

Postby dicko77 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:02 am

Okay we have all had enough of the broken forum and lack of forum visitors, we can all agree that things need to be fixed in order to keep the site alive and the reason we dont get any visitors is because of how hard it is to find the forum and how user unfriendly the forum has become.

* Woodsy
*Lockyer
*Morgo
*GypsyLady
*Dicko
dicko77
Camping Veteran

Postby patty7862 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:56 am

[quote="dicko77"]Okay we have all had enough of the broken forum and lack of forum visitors, we can all agree that things need to be fixed in order to keep the site alive and the reason we dont get any visitors is because of how hard it is to find the forum and how user unfriendly the forum has become.

* Woodsy
*Lockyer
*Morgo
*GypsyLady
*Dicko
*Patty7862
patty7862
Camping King

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:12 pm

[quote="dicko77"]Okay we have all had enough of the broken forum and lack of forum visitors, we can all agree that things need to be fixed in order to keep the site alive and the reason we dont get any visitors is because of how hard it is to find the forum and how user unfriendly the forum has become.

* Woodsy
*Lockyer
*Morgo
*GypsyLady
*Dicko
*Patty7862
*xmasbaby67
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:44 pm

by xmasbaby67 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:12 pm

* Woodsy
*Lockyer
*Morgo
*GypsyLady
*Dicko
*Patty7862
*xmasbaby67
*Rosco
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Greg W » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:35 pm

* Woodsy
*Lockyer
*Morgo
*GypsyLady
*Dicko
*Patty7862
*xmasbaby67
*Rosco
*Camps and Vans
Producing POI (waypoint files) for your GPS or PC http://www.campsandvans.com
Greg W

Postby Woodsy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:57 pm

I tried my best, and emailed the site owner Andrew. He has informed me that the forum is basically shut and we are free to use it until he decides what to do with the whole site, he is not interested in letting any forumers take over the running of the forum and does not want to sign the whole project over to someone else. He will not put anymore effort or money into the forum and it will not be updated. He was sick of updating things and getting complaints when people did not like it and the forumers he did put in to help run the forum found it to hard.

Dont know what to do now guys and girls?

I have the email if anyone wants to read it, message me.
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:49 pm

Oh how sad is that. Is it really THAT hard to keep it updated??? Not very tech savvy so I don't have much of an idea. And why doesn't he want to hand it over if it's so hard?????

I don't think he realises what a goldmine he has with camping.com.au. ::()

I guess we just plod along until he decides otherwise or sells it or shuts it down completely..... :cry: :cry:

Thanks for having a go Woodsy!!!!! :+ :+ :+
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Lockyer » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:38 pm

If the auto log-in worked I can overlook any other issue/s but if he isn't even interested in fixing that then my time on here will be limited to when I feel like logging in. There are other sites around but they're more 4wd-ish or caravan only-ish. Oh well will see how I go..... :(

Thanks for trying Woodsy..... :+

Cheers
Lawrence
You don't have to live forever.....you just have to live.
Lockyer
Camping Veteran

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi everyone

Like a lot of people I used to be a regular on this site. When he changed to this current format he never did it properly and wasn't interested in letting anyone help either.

I install a lot of forums for people far and wide and asked him if I could become an admin to sort it out and he declined, so I stopped coming and focused on my own Camp Oven Cooking forum. Some people left and started their own forums to try and make things happen but I don't know of any successes. I have even posted what needs to be done to fix the auto login but he is not interested (Would take a few minutes work actually)

If you check his profile you will see that he hasn't been online since November 2011 (for an admin that is terrible) so as stated above his interest is zero.

If you are not aware this site was originally set up as a dating site and the membership of this forum shared the same database as the dating site, hence the extreme large membership. I don't know if the dating site still exists. I know when I check in occasionally I have very strange messages in my inbox.

The saddest part is there have been a number of people, myself included, who put a lot of effort into this forum but eventually it will all disappear. The reports, the banter, the photos. Before that happens I would urge everyone to find an active forum and get involved there and maybe try and move what you have posted here over to that forum, particularly the camping and camp ground reports. Many of them are priceless.

Kind regards and good luck to all.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:28 pm

Hah, had a bit of a dig around and I was right. This is still a front website for dating sites.

If you go to the front page of Camping Dot Com Dot Auhttp://www.camping.com.au/ and click on the copyright oasis link at the bottom it gives a description http://www.oasis.com.au/ At the bottom of that page, click on Site Map and it brings up the whole lot http://www.oasis.com.au/sitemap.html

Amazing

Don't show your kids the link :evil:
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Woodsy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:54 pm

yeah i noticed that too Derek, I've been on heaps of different forums but they are all weird and no one really gives you honest advice like they do here.
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat