Where is your next camping trip to????

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: Where is your next camping trip to????

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:53 pm

This is the freeware package I always use PJ.

http://www.obviousidea.com/windows-soft ... e-resizer/
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:19 am

Thank you GL will give it a go.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Lockyer » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:56 am

Sounds like you had a good weekend there PJ, we're decided to not head up to the Bunya Mt's this weekend but will put it off for a week or 2 till I'm back on my feet..

Cheers
Lawrence
You don't have to live forever.....you just have to live.
Lockyer
Camping Veteran

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:47 pm

Hey PJ.....And if that dosn't work...try mine.....its called ''The Gypsy Shrinking Service''...all free & only cost you a ''small blasting''.....lol :***

Reminds me...just bought another new laptop so must download that link :*** before I forget....and do get another BLAST :***
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:10 am

Rosco1 wrote:Hey PJ.....And if that dosn't work...try mine.....its called ''The Gypsy Shrinking Service''...all free & only cost you a ''small blasting''.....lol :***

Ha...ha Rosco...damn funny person you are.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:35 pm

I think that 'free service' you just mentioned Rosco has now been nulled and voided after those comments!!!! :booty
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:25 am

Up here..When you get out of ''Hilbilly land'' XB..Its called ''Null & void''..(Wheres Titch..when we need him ??)

Of interest as well...... ''Null and Void'' were an anarcho Punk band from the early eighties. They released one single called Still and one album called Four Minute Warning....(bit of useless info for you there XB)...LOL :***
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:33 am

Did someone say something?????????? heehee....ssssshhhhh Wosco is wabbit hunting....

Packing the Customline this weekend as next weekend we are off to Lightning Ridge....woohoo

Has been a long wait but it's nearly here....

Anyone else heading out over the long weekend??????
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Safe travels XB and don't forget the camera!!
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:37 pm

I'm currently doing 9 days straight.....Which will take me up to the Friday.....So....I'm trying to get the weekend off....
Dunno where we will head for....As long as its Pet friendly....or...We can find somewhere to freedom camp
:beer :beer
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:46 pm

Rosco1 wrote:Dunno where we will head for....As long as its Pet friendly....or...We can find somewhere to freedom camp

From your side of town Rosco you could head out to Linville for a free camp or the CP at Esk is quite lovely and pet friendly.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:45 am

Hope you get the weekend off Rosco and manage to get away... :cheers

Getting another SD card for the camera this week Gypsy just to make sure.. ::)
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:17 pm

xmasbaby67 wrote:
Getting another SD card for the camera this week Gypsy just to make sure.. ::)

AND make sure the battery is fully charged XB.....I have 3 XD cards and 2 batteries.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:37 pm

Yep....Got a ''Double win''..... :beer :beer

Got the Sat / Sunday off then as a bonus..also..The Mon / Tuesday....SO....4 days......

Now where to ????

Looked at Esk Gypsy...is there much to do there in the town....or is it mostly ..R. & R ??

I have sorta been looking around the top of NSW....mainly for the Fishing aspect....There are quite a few Pet friendly camps in the area that become..''Un Pet friendly during peak & school holiday times.''(bummer)
or...They are booked out already

Cheers
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:40 pm

YAY.......Found a nice spot up the top of NSW....All booked in...PHEW....That was a task....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to Wooyung Beach
WooyungBeach.com.au

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to get here:

Our GPS co-ordinates are:

DECIMAL DEGREES : 28.456738S 153.552615E
DEG, MIN, SEC : 28°27'24.26"S 153°33'09.41"E

It's hard to believe such an isolated and natural location can exist no more than half an hour from the madding crowd on the Gold Coast.

6km to the north there is Pottsville, a small town with good shopping facilities.

20km to the south, Byron Bay is famous as a tourist attraction.

Inland you have Murwillumbah, which is the gateway to Mt Warning, a popular tourist location.

Southwest lies Mullumbimby, the town which still retains that old world country charm.

Nimbin is within an hour's drive, and for the experience alone well worth a visit. There is a myriad of well known tourist attractions to choose from, and the towns with an info logo on the map have Tourist Information Centres.

Wooyung is a unique location, and central to these attractions. .....bla....bla

BIT MORE ABOUT THE PLACE

Wooyung Beach Holiday Park is one of the very few remaining bush camping grounds on the Australian East Coast. We (and the nearby beaches) are [color=#BF0000]pet friendly[/color] and you can enjoy a campfire on your site and absorb the fresh air while enjoying the sweet smell and sounds of the bush and the Pacific Ocean.

Wooyung Beach is one of Australia's Top Ten Beaches, according to Nick Bowditch's travel site. We have more than 10km of unspoiled beaches in front of our doorstep and we consider it crowded if you see more than 5 poeple to the horizon. With the next township being 7km away, the star gazing is spectacular. Other popular activities include surfing, bird and whale watching as well as beach or creek fishing.

We are located on the Tweed Coast in the Northern Rivers region of NSW, about 20 minutes north of Byron Bay and 30 minutes south of the Gold Coast airport.

Click on the buttons above to learn all you need to know about the hidden paradise that's Wooyung Beach Holiday Park.

You'll be glad you did.

Anyway.......looks nice & the chap reckons the fish are biting ..(where have I heard that before...lol).....

Cheers

Rosco :+
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit-Chat