Where is your next camping trip to????

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Re: Where is your next camping trip to????

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:01 pm

We are on a powered site Gypsy so will keep the battery fully charged!!!!!

Looks great Rosco.....ENJOY!!!!! Can't wait to read the trip report and check out your pics... :cheers
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:23 pm

Sounds perfect Rosco.....Looking forward to your pics and report when you return.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby MacLister » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:47 pm

My wife, my 3 kids (7, 4 and 2) and I, are off with our Camper Trailer to Bigriggen!! Arriving there Thursday, leaving Monday! :***
MacLister
Captain Camping

Postby Deborah P » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:47 pm

Heading to Umina on Monday :grin: We haven't been there but heard great things so can't wait - hope the weather stays warm - packed a heater just in case!!
Deborah P
Boy Scout

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:13 pm

Can`t wait to hear your report Rosco have thought about going there numerous times..4 days!! woot woo.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:25 am

Ha Gypsy...There won't be a ''Flower'' safe from getting its picture taken...lol.......

Poodle....Isn't this place pretty close to your old ''stomping grounds'' ??...I know as the bird flys...its not that far to Mt. Warning...

If the Manager is anything to go by...Then the camp will be very nice...

We (Avis)...will have the caravan ready to move out the night before...So...I am going to bring it to work on the Friday morning and she will meet me here @ 15:30hrs ...lock her car in our carpark & we will head off from here saving about 2 1/2 hrs of me going home in the stinky Friday a/noon traffic....Then turning around and coming back through it.....
We will ''freedom camp'' on the Friday nite on the way down...then carry on...on the Saturday morning (mind you...the whole trip is only about 3 hrs from home)...(Fush for breakfast...maybe...lol) :beer ....Will give us a chance to use a few of our new goodies we (Avis)...bought for the van...like her new Stoneware pots & frypans....(Dunno if you noticed...but we can have fires in drums cut in half to cook with our camp ovens...yay)

And....Sooo nice to be going to a camp and beach that is Pet Fiendly....Bailie really loves running up & down the beach.

Cheers.....Hope every-one able to get away for the long week-end has a great time. :+ :+
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Rosco1 wrote:Will give us a chance to use a few of our new goodies we (Avis)...bought for the van...like her new Stoneware pots & frypans

Stoneware pots n pans....wow a bit weighty for the van!!......and breakable!!

Don't forget the camera and pix for us Rosco.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby dicko77 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:02 am

4 days to go then i am off to the broadwater caravan park gold coast for a week. I hope these 4 days dont drag on.
dicko77
Camping Veteran

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:10 am

WOW it's great to see so many of us are heading out this weekend coming!! ::) ::) ::) ::)

Looking forward to all the reports and pics next week :+ :+ :+ Especially all those flower pics Rosco :*** :***

Packed the Customline yesterday :armsup The shopping list has been written & I will get most of it after work today so that it can be pretty much all done and packed into the pantry with only the fresh stuff to get on Friday!!!!

We are hitting the road @ 6am Saturday morning so we can get up there pretty early, with a couple of coffee breaks and a look around at some spots on the way there included!!! That is the best bit about going with our friends is that I can get my hubby to stop.....hahahaha. The other reason we want to get there early is that we want to be set up and settled before the Swannies smash it in the Grand Final....woot woot.... Then the NRL Grand Final is on the Sunday also....

We don't head back till Tuesday so will meander back and hopefully call in and see some of hubby's old friends in Coonamble for a catch up lunch with no hurry to get home as we can unpack anytime. :cry:

Getting very excited and yep you bet your bottom dollar Dicko that this week will be the slowest for a long time...... :*** :***

I love Avis' shopping trips everytime you buy a new camper/caravan.....she makes us women proud... I have resisted this trip from buying anything else much to hubby's delight, but I have dug out my old electric frypan (haven't used for about 6 years & still works) from the cupboard and packed it in also, as we are on a powered site it will come in very handy for the roast vegies when we cook the roast lamb in the campoven on Monday night.....as we don't think the firepit at the caravan park will have enough room for two big campovens (we are feeding 10 with 5 of these teenagers!!!!).

Bigriggin looks great MacLister, especially for the kids, they will have a ball by the looks of it!!! :armsup

I have never been to Umina either Deborah... Where are you staying???? I look forward to reading what it was like so I might be able to put it on the to do list...

Hope everyone has a great weekend... :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:31 pm

Seems I called Avis's new pots & pans by the incorrect name Gypsy....They are called ''Flavourstone''...virtually indistructable with a dimond finish......nothing is supposed to stick to them....& as far as the weights concerned....I've been told that my camp-ovens will far out weigh them...... :beer
I'll just have to cut down on more water in the tanks...lol :beer
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Rosco1 wrote:..

Poodle....Isn't this place pretty close to your old ''stomping grounds'' ??...I know as the bird flys...its not that far to Mt. Warning...+

Now i`m thinking i should get cracking and go !!! so much to do around the house lawns need doing,garden needs doing house work needs doing ....grrrrr
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Ahhh they are fully booked according to their web site. oh well cleaning the house after all..:(
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:32 pm

Rosco1 wrote:Seems I called Avis's new pots & pans by the incorrect name Gypsy....They are called ''Flavourstone''...

I would seriously love a frypan Rosco....they look fantastic but I only want a frypan, not all the other stuff that comes with it. I am told the casserole dish cannot be used in the oven....it is strictly a stove top pan.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:58 am

Buggar what a shame PJ...... :cry: :cry: :cry: You know the housework, garden....etc will all be there when you get back!!!!!
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:33 pm

Com'on Poodle...Theres a bloody big beach over the road....10 miles long infact....gotta be somewhere to kip....lol

Just talked to the boss...again....She only got the pots & 2 sizes of the frypans.....and I'm ''Re-Told''...They aren't that heavy :beer
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit-Chat