Where is everyone going this Xmas Hols???

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Where is everyone going this Xmas Hols???

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:52 pm

Just thought I would start a new thread to see where everyone is off to this Xmas Hols.

We are off to Merry Beach for a week of R&R in our Customline from 1st Jan till 8th Jan 2013!!!!! :cheers :cheers

Starting to get organised now.....I know, I know it's a bit early but the closer to Xmas it gets the busier I seem to get so thought I would make a start....

Can't wait and am counting down already as it is usually the only two weeks we get off for the year with owning our own business, so going to make the most of it.

I plan spending the whole week either on the beach reading my book/snoozing, swimming at the beach, sitting in my comfy camp chair reading, sitting in my comfy camp chair having a few coldies and enjoying the company of the good friends we are going with. :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer

Campfire in our little ex-keg each night, playing cards till the wee hours, endless chats with great people.

We are staying at the Merry Beach Caravan Park and it looks lovely. Our friends stay there every year for two weeks and invited us to come along this year, but we can only fit one week in, but that is better than nothing!!!!!!!

Looking forward to hearing where everyone else is heading off to for some camping... ::) ::)
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: Where is everyone going this Xmas Hols???

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:53 am

Off back to NZ in 3 weeks for Mums 80th...then decided to stay & have Xmas with her.

Trying to also get a weekend off so we can visit Atkinson Dam which is one of the Pet Friendly dams....and not to far away for a weekend trips.

After Xmas I have about 6 weeks of mon...fri shifts....so if we like Atkinson Dam....we can pop up there for a few of the weekends

Then in May its back to NZ for another quick visit then we are off to Lake Monduran for 2 weeks & we enjoyed Burram heads...so we will stop there for a week on the way home.

Hope alls well with you

Cheers

Rosco
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:12 pm

Not sure yet....still tossing a few ideas about.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby dicko77 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:41 pm

6 weeks at Broadwater tourist park gold coast. I only have 4 weeks off but will traval from there to work for the other 2 weeks. First trip for the new litte camper Lincoln should be good. :beer
Cheers Dicko
dicko77
Camping Veteran

Postby Poodle Jewel » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:56 pm

A week close to home,probably Darlington Park.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:59 pm

Nice to see you back PJ
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:34 am

Any decisions yet Gypsy?????

Hope little Lincoln enjoys his first camping trip Dicko ... :+

Sounds great PJ, anywhere is better than nowhere!! ::)

Have a great time back over the ditch Rosco.... we are heading to Auckland & Bay of Islands next May for a conference & visit relos.

Anyone else going camping in the Xmas/New Year Holidays??????
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco1 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:43 pm

Thankz X B......We will also be back in NZ around late may....Before we head North here for our annual holidays..(NOT enough months in this next year to do all the things we want to do...and places to visit)..I was also hoping to enclude Tasmainia in our holidays this year..doesn't look like thats gunna happen this year :(
asa that one We want to do in the summer months

Hope every-one gets a chance to get away....some-where and has a very Merry Happy :grin: time with your family & friends over this Xmas period

Cheers... :beer :beer :beer
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Bradd » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:59 pm

Going somewhere at some stage ....
Probably Echuca, then might tackle the Border Track from Mildura down.
But then it could turn out to be just up the rd :shock:
Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations.
When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong. ~George Carlin
Bradd
Camping Oracle

Return to General Chit-Chat