Where is every one?

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Postby Blue Bravo » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:13 pm

I'm here.
I't not having anything to say thats a problem, it is insisting on saying it that can be
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Vegetarian marshmallow

Postby Activity_Dept » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:04 am

Scolers wrote:
Komodo wrote:
HGMonaro wrote:
Fonty wrote:vegetarian marshmallows

?

?

?

Derek now here is something new for your next show a vegetarian marshmallow. ::()
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Derek Bullock » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:12 am

Hmmmmmmmm now let me dredge up some old information from the bottom of my brain ............ lets see ................ marshmallow recipe ........... hmmmmm ............. master ingredient .............. gelatine .............. what goes in gelatine .............. is it horses or cows hooves ............. or both. ::() ::() ::() ::() ::()
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Kramer » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:29 pm

Scolers wrote:
Kramer wrote:I am here everyday, I lead a boring life so nothing to report oooooh I did go to the drags on the weekend though, now my industrial deafness is a lot worse gotta love supercharged cars :armsup :armsup

Does this mean we';re going to be SHOUTING at each other when I get to Bundy?

::()

8)

Scol.

HAHAHA yeah probably :grin:
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Kramer » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:32 pm

Komodo wrote:I HATE toasted marshies

Preffer 'em in chocolate. Fondue style (love fondue when camping)

Supercharged cars eh...

Any one know where to get a GU 4.2ltr turbo diesel patrol from? prefferable for $35k or less in Victoria?
Thinking about getting a GU 2.8 and doing Chev 6.5ltr diesel V8 conversion on it. (and then supercharging that :P)

http://www.outerlimits4x4.com is the place to look for one of those cheap, but I would rather the V8 :armsup :armsup
Kramer

Postby Kramer » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:35 pm

derek wrote:Hmmmmmmmm now let me dredge up some old information from the bottom of my brain ............ lets see ................ marshmallow recipe ........... hmmmmm ............. master ingredient .............. gelatine .............. what goes in gelatine .............. is it horses or cows hooves ............. or both. ::() ::() ::() ::() ::()

I have always known what gelatin has been made of but I have to put it into the back of my mind when eating it................................

I wonder if our fingernails are made of the same stuff?
Kramer

marshmallow

Postby Activity_Dept » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:09 pm

derek wrote:Hmmmmmmmm now let me dredge up some old information from the bottom of my brain ............ lets see ................ marshmallow recipe ........... hmmmmm ............. master ingredient .............. gelatine .............. what goes in gelatine .............. is it horses or cows hooves ............. or both. ::() ::() ::() ::() ::()

Your kidding me horses hooves, yuck. I will never be able to look at a marshmallow the same again. Don't tell me they go in jello too. Please don't tell me that. :cry:
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Komodo » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:13 pm

who cares - tastes good doesnt it?
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:44 pm

Kramer wrote:

I have always known what gelatin has been made of but I have to put it into the back of my mind when eating it................................

I wonder if our fingernails are made of the same stuff?

Now that would explain why I bite my nails :lol:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Fonty » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:53 am

Well I've never gotten an exact ingredient list or recipe for gelatine, but horses hooves are a definate.. I guess that sticky quality is one of the reasons they are sent to the 'glue factory' when they are old and weak. Or just when they lose too many races I guess. ::() There is also bone and skin extracts in gelatine, yay. :p And yes jelly is made of the same stuff unless you get aeroplane quick set jelly which for some reason is free of it. And just about any soft lolly you could name, artificial cherries (I do miss cherry ripes!) Also honeycomb which I also miss.. and let's just say I spend a lot of time reading ingredients on stuff!

If you think that's bad you wouldn't believe what is in the cheese you eat. :shock:

Not even beer is safe! Well not Carlton Breweries beers anyway, gotta stick with Coopers! :beer
Fonty
Camping Veteran

Postby Fonty » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:58 am

That fondue idea is great too! I think I'll bring along some soy chocolate and if the marshmallows don't toast too well I could melt the choccie in the billy and dip 'em in it. The marshmallows are too damn expensive to waste! :armsup

dib dib dib :lol:
Fonty
Camping Veteran

Postby Scolers » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:31 am

Fonty wrote:
Not even beer is safe! Well not Carlton Breweries beers anyway, gotta stick with Coopers! :beer

Can't comment on the other stuff but you hit the nail on the head with the beer comment ... Both Carlton, and Trent Nathan use all sorts of carcinogenic chemicals to 'improve' the beer (from memory I think it's just the longevity they want to improve).

To be safe, drink imported brews, particularly those from Germany as they are made to a purity law and tehy are not allowed to add anything but hops, barley, wheat, water etc. Problem is, if you are a concerned environmentalist, imprted beer is more damaging to the environment due to the trip it has to make and the pollutants released by the transport.

You can really go nuts with all this but in the end I jsut want a decent beer so I stya clear of CUB!

8)

:beer

Cheers!

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby freerocketman1 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:46 pm

ive been here too, just been to busy working :x cant wait to go camping again unfortunatly might have to be after easter as everywhere is packed. as for beer yuk give me a good scotch any day :***
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby Kramer » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:09 pm

I haven't been camping lately, but my poor boat has been getting a work out. I am about to go insane trying to catch a fish in Gladstone :-bang I have been everywhere and can't catch a thing............................... Must bee too much pollution in Gladstone!..................................... No its not my fishing .............................. Yeah too much pollution :--?

I did find out how fast my boat went the other day using the GPS, 2 people, 14ft tinny and 25 horsepower motor I can do 40Kph ::()
Kramer

Postby Komodo » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:39 am

Yeah dad just bought a new tinny - slightly bigger though. He traded his 5.02m streaker f'glass runabout and bought a webster twinfisher 4.9m alluminum. Nice boat and has heaps more "deck" area than the 5.02 had. He went from a 90horse johnson to a 60horse yamaha. Bit slower but still get up to about 65kph according the the GPS
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit-Chat