Please help! I am in desperate need of a bush camping spot..

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Please help! I am in desperate need of a bush camping spot..

Postby noidea » Mon May 09, 2005 6:42 pm

I am in melbourne, victoria and in a couple of weeks am going bush camping. I have bought tents and everything I will need but the problem is, I have absolutely no idea where to go! :(

About six of us are going and we want to find a place in the bush that is secluded so we can be as loud as we need without waking up a whole bunch of angry campers :evil:

Please, PLEASE if anyone can recommend an area I will be so very grateful!! :D The closer, the better...[/b]
noidea

Postby KerryandWendy » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:17 pm

you really need to move to queensland or western australia. Victoria is so small when you turn up the radio they hear it in the alps.

I would go to Mt Buffalo. There is no snow at the moment so you should have the whole place to yourselves.

There is a great camp kitchen and hut, toilets and showers which the rangers will open if you let them know you intend to camp in the park.

There is a Great Gorge to see and some bush walks and climbs which are crisp clean and exciting. Many things to see and you should find a place to let your hair down, just ask the Rangers where to go. They might say Queensland or West OZ however. The last frontiers.
Have tent will Travel
KerryandWendy
Boy Scout

Return to Camping Tips and Locations