camping in Central QLD

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

camping in Central QLD

Postby garden_worm » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:16 pm

really good site here i hope to meet some camping enthusist that like the Rockhampton area or perhaps Mackay

Paul pdok@hdc.net.au
meet lots of travelers to share the experiences and good times ......some pic's on the way

send me some messages soon ay
garden_worm
Boy Scout

Camping Rockhampton

Postby Activity_Dept » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:27 pm

Hi Paul,

Well thanks for the comments on the site :D . Well we hope thats why the forum is here, to allow a few outdoor enthusiasts to meet, share some stories and experiences. Always helpful to have some feedback on parks and destinations on your region; Rockhampton and MacKay.
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

the best camping and chat site in the camping world

Postby garden_worm » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:08 pm

hi and hello not too many camp enthusiast here but i gues we do need to start somewhere
Wish everyone a happy christmas.
I hope you all put up Christmas lightrs and decorations in the front garden eh
Yep and next year will be even better , might even put ap a tent also ay... !
all the best from garden_worm in central Queensland Come on you people send in a message now, not later, do it now this could be a top site to visit; make it c o o l

garden_worm
meet lots of travelers to share the experiences and good times ......some pic's on the way

send me some messages soon ay
garden_worm
Boy Scout

Postby KerryandWendy » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:43 pm

If you come from Rocky you would know of Byfield National Park. There is Stoney Creek with BBQ's and grassy patches, Red Rock with a swimming hole and greener soft grassy patches. These spots are good for sedans.Both have toilets and swimming.

There is Waterpark and the wier for a swin and at Byfield there is always The Ferns Hideaway.

If you have a 4wd, you will love the track past waterpark to Nine Mile Beach (camping allowed on Beach) leads to Byfield Point and Corio Bay.

Just before Nine Mile there is a turn off to Stckyard Point where the Rangers have set up a campground with showers and toilets.

Just around the corner from there is Five Rocks Beach which leads to Schoalwater Bay. This one is Popular with the local surfers as it has waves.

There is Emu park and Yeppoon campgrounds and Keppel Sands as well, I have lived here for ten years and still cant wait to get out and set up a campsite each time.

Rocky/Yeppoon/Byfield is a Smorgasboard of Camping and dont forget Great Keppel Island, you can camp there now as well.
Have tent will Travel
KerryandWendy
Boy Scout

Postby offroader » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:52 pm

hi garden_worm,

a great place i found inland from mackay was finch hatton gorge bush camp. from there you can drive up to eungella nat park or if you feel fit enough climb mt dalrymple, i can reccommend both from my experiences.

finch hatton gorge is approx 70 klms inland from mackay, along the pioneer valley.

there is a delightful stream running along the edge of the bush camp, plenty of shade and the showers have to be seen to be believed.

hope this helps you

offroader
offroader
Boy Scout

Postby aba326 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:30 pm

As a camper of long standing we are pretty well set up with 4wd /van/solar panels/ deep cycle batteries/plenty of water storage/and all the bits to go with it.We seek out these out of the way sites & when we find a good one we make a note of the gps position in our book together with some notes about the spot & a mark out of 10.(10 being the best 100%)
Would this be the appropriate site to perhaps set up a data base of such site for all to submit sites to.
aba326

Hello aba326

Postby Activity_Dept » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:35 pm

That is something we would love to see and would offer you whatever assistance we could to help. I am sure many of the members are interested in the out of the way places to camp so let me know how we can help.
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

hi to all the top campers

Postby gardenworm » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:10 am

:+
Well hi to all
Been doing some camping at Cania and Eidsvold ( Qld ) area very nice places to camp Can't get away any more than a weekend

link to my blog from there you will find another blog http://bush-camper.spaces.live.com/blog/?&_c02_owner=1

:beer
gardenworm
Boy Scout

Postby outtahere » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:02 pm

Has anyone camped at Bargara Beach Caravan Park?
I am heading there for easter and just seeking some extra info.
:)
outtahere

Postby Kramer » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:56 pm

http://www.bargarabeach.com.au/welcome.asp

Used to live in Bundy and have camped there before :) nice spot awesome for families as they don't like rowdy parties (I was a teenager at the time), the facilities are good and the beach is only across the road.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Return to Camping Tips and Locations