Screenhouses and mozzies

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Screenhouses and mozzies

Postby Zodie » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:24 am

Hi all, as K Mart have a sale on this week and my wife is very sensitive to mozzie bites can anyone recommend a brand of screenhouse that has small enough mesh to stop mozzies and sand flies? They are like a gazebo with mesh sides.

We are looking at getting one to cook and eat in for our next trip.
Zodie

Postby HGMonaro » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:55 pm

the brouchure had one but it looked pretty big and no price shown. Was looking at one in Rays Outdoors a few weeks ago that was about 2m square and just popped up using those bendy steel ribs like those foldable car shades. Was about $80 I think. I'm going to compare as we want one too.
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Postby amanda » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:02 pm

They're great- we love ours. My only piece of advice before buying one would be to get one with "straight" sides. That way, if the skies open up you can just tuck a tarp into the roof poles and your right. Unfortunately we didn't give that alot of thought and bought one with slanting sides, making it alot more difficult to weatherproof in a storm, though still possible.
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Screen houses and Mozzies.

Postby HappycampersRwe » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:56 am

Hey Captain....did to find the screenhouse you were lQQking for? We are also wanting such a product and one that is easy to collapse like you had mentioned. If you have or know who makes it, would ya; could ya share a name? I plan to research some companies on the net but it is tough to know without actually seeing it. Thanks a bunch! I'll post my findings.
Happy campers "R" we..... with a last name of Rogers, why not? We welcome all input on travelling in Australia and welcome any questions about RVing in the US.
HappycampersRwe

Return to Gear Guide