Camping Up Kidman Way to the Gulf

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Camping Up Kidman Way to the Gulf

Postby geekcampgirl » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:08 am

Hi,

We are planning a 4 week camping holiday where we will basically follow our noses and see what there is to see up the Kidman Way and into Queensland. If we get to the Gulf that will be a bonus, but we are more interested in what we will see along the way.

Does anyone here have experience of the area and have recommendations for places that we shouldn't miss or good camping places. We will be self sufficient.

Also what about internet access along the way? Any places with free access or places to hook in my laptop? We are keen birdwatchers as well, so will be looking for good places to see them too.
geekcampgirl
Camping King

Postby Scolers » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:49 pm

Haven't done the road itself but will be if we move to QLD. I did find this tho'

http://www.kidmanway.org.au/

Good info for the NSW portion but not much for the QLD portion.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby geekcampgirl » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:17 pm

Thank you for that link.

I should have said that we would be starting at Griffith and that I know a reasonable amount about the road south of Bourke. (You can have a look at the site that I maintain)

It really was the Queensland stuff that I wanted to know about. The Matilda Highway link from the Kidman Way site doesn't want to work.

I was hoping that someone had first hand knowledge that may prove useful. If not, I will post my findings after my trip - which wont be until August (but its never too early to start dreaming about holidays)
geekcampgirl
Camping King

Postby Kramer » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:01 pm

Hmm I thought that I might be heading that way later on this year until I looked at the map, I am heading over to Birdsville for the races then out to the Alice maybe then back through QLD somewhere. Unfortunately I will only be crossing that line a few times :( I will have to do it one day but from the top down.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:29 pm

Hey hey, i will be living in Leeton by August :armsup Better come and visit on the way through :lol:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby geekcampgirl » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:27 am

I guess I have to laugh that no-one has been to that part of Queensland and survived to tell the tale here ::()

I'll just have to spend the next few moths reading whatever else I can find.

After teh trip I will return to tell all.
geekcampgirl
Camping King

Return to Camping Tips and Locations